83 GPz750 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 83 GPz750

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 01:42 PM  
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default 83 GPz750

Hey guys, I found your forum from a link to one of the project bikes. Im located in the USA in VA. Ive been working on this bike off an on for a few years and just in the last 6 months made some real progress. I have tons of pics to upload but i wont have time until later so here is a teaser pic. Ill also give you guys the specs.

matt
These people High Fived shift1313!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 01:49 PM  
catman
(cheers smiley goes here)

CF Pimp
catman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:33 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
catman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to beholdcatman is a splendid one to behold
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 1st Place 
Default Re: 83 GPz750

Welcome to the site and way to post up pics on your first post

Fear Knocked on the door, Faith answered , but noone was there ?

SAME SHIFT , DIFFERENT GEAR
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM  
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 10 Posts
enrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well liked

oooooooooooooooh shi+, love the bike, love the colors......... but you gotta do something about those forks.

What swingarm is that?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 01:57 PM  
trav72
GURU

CF Pimp
Flipped Off 6 Times in 3 Posts
trav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of lighttrav72 is a glorious beacon of light
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 3rd Place 

Welcome. I've been following your build at the aussie streetfighters site. Nice job!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 02:07 PM  
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
Flipped Off 10 Times in 10 Posts
enrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well liked

There's alot of members from ausie streetfighters coming over.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 02:51 PM  
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

holy crap, another VA fighter fan!! where you at in VA?

the bike looks sweet! keep the pics a-comin. those old gpz's were cool bikes to start with, that one's even better.

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 08:56 PM  
shift1313
GURU

shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Hey guys, thanks for the good words. Now that im home from work i can post a bit more.

skroozeloose, im in blacksburg, i work for VA tech.

The bike obviously is a gpz, enrico, the front end works great and its all i could come up with when i started the project. Ive got around $400 in it right now with the mods.

The front is a 90gsxr750 unit, graves clip ons, tokico 6pot calipers, floating 320mm rotors, braided lines, gsxr 17" front wheel. I made the steering stem from an old kzstem and used the gpz bearings and races. I modified the top triple, removed the key loop and casting seam around the entire triple. The lights are hella driving lights with a homemade clamp.

right now im down to finishing the paint work, finishing the wiring and sourcing a few more parts to move on with it. I started it several years ago a did the suspension mods then rode it for a year. I pulled it off the road in 2003 and its been parked since then. I started working on it again about 6 months ago. Here are some pics of it after the suspension mods.

Rear is a 95gsxr750 arm. 5.5" rear rim with a 180/55x17, older style gsxr rear caliper. I made the spacers, chain adjuster blocks, lower chain roller, suspension linkage. Have a fox shock 8 clicker on there.

I shortened the frame 7". Custom hand made fiberglass tail section. I modified the stock seat and seat pan to fit just have to make the seat cover for it. Made the rear sets using fzr600 foot pegs and a gsxr rear master. Made a manual cam chain tensioner for it so i could fit the gsxr1100 flat slides. I made a black acetal shock res clamp that clamps the frame, i have some in progress pics but no finals.

Last weekend i made exhaust dumps for it, running 4-2. I also fiberglassed an undertail but its not done yet.

I painted the bike with duplicolor spray paint. Its not done yet as im trying to do the final sanding and clear(no clear in the pics). Im sure there is a ton more that i forgot as its an ongoing project.

22.9degree rake angle, 3" trail, 56" wheel base, 54degree lean angle, 52.5% front weight bias, wet weight is about 400lbs right now.

here are a few more pics.

in that last pic you can see the stock tail light where the battery should be, thats not how it sits now, the tag goes there and the light is actually going to be a tag frame with leds all around it to keep it clean. I still need to make my lcd speedo/tach unit that goes where the stock lcd pod is on the tank.

I hope to get it done soon so i can start riding it again. I let it sit for way too long!
This user High Fived shift1313!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 08:56 PM  
shift1313
GURU

here are some older pics from 02-03

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2007, 11:13 PM  
rdannar
DIZZLE
CF Addict
rdannar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 14 Times in 14 Posts
rdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well likedrdannar is well liked

that is looking like a good project, I like the gpz, that is my zr7's close relative (my engine is based on the gpz's)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-27-2007, 02:16 AM  
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

thats BADASS!!!! I love it. my dad just bought a 1980 kz 550 gpz. I told him he better keep a close eye on it or I'll steel it for my next project

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes