Fu-jacs 93 blade - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fu-jacs 93 blade

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
fu_jac's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Flip Offs: 124
Flipped Off 55 Times in 27 Posts
fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Fu-jacs 93 blade

So i bought this bike about 2 months ago for 950, its in pretty good nick, the engine is sweet the suspesion is fine, i have a full service history and all the invoices for work done, someone has obviously chucked it down the road at some time and that's why it came with no plastics, motorcross bars and one 7inch headlight, braided hoses on the front, and handmade bar ends made of some material i can never remember the name of....and sweet ass mirrors too that actually work and look good...

....it was exactly what i wanted, a blade that sort of looked how i want it to look, that needs a little tlc and a few minor tweaks and repairs (choke cable needs replacing, kill switch needs replacing)....oh, it came with the OE exhaust but the viper race can was thrown in and it sounds sweeeeet...loud as anything

the plan....

single sided swinger, am fighting for one at the moment and my neighbour has the old vfr set up for sale too which is cool cos i actually prefer the wheel with more spokes as opposed to the newer lesser spoked ones.....when i get the swinger i want to anodise it blue, with unanodised tribal design on it......dunno if it can be done but im sure i can make a plan....

have just won this light on ebay, it's from an Aprillia Dorsoduro so hopefully that will go on without too much hassle when it arrives

will more than likely stick some upside downies on it, winter is coming and i think it'll happen then, and i also want to turbo it, (a guy on another site said he can do it for 1600) run external oil lines if i can, i've seen this done on a few old suzukis and think it looks killer.......

Paint....well i'm normally a brighter is better kind of guy so will probably be choosing a nice yellow or orange with blue bits.....i've already had a yellow and blue bike and part of me wants to do something different, but i also really really liked the colour scheme and it got a lot of attention which i like.....i was also thinking about keeping the front mudguard the colour it is, sort of a metallic bright baby blue.....having a different coloured panel adds a new dimension i think, and i quite like that it's not ordinary.....

I'm not going after minimal with this bike, i'm going after big and brutal and eye catching.....

not much happening today except routine maintenance so i'll get back to this thread when the new light arrives......

fuj
fu_jac is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived fu_jac!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Fu-jacs 93 blade

So new headlight arrived today.....need to get some brackets made to mount it properly but i taped it on to see how it looks and i'm well chuffed....in fact i'm beaming!! i think it look bad ass

These people High Fived fu_jac!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu_jac View Post
So new headlight arrived today.....need to get some brackets made to mount it properly but i taped it on to see how it looks and i'm well chuffed....in fact i'm beaming!! i think it look bad ass

I think it looks better already
(which is odd, coz I like round lamps)

Can you not use/adapt the 7incher's mounts?

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

yeah i probably could, they need to be viciously ground away to fit in the little mounting slots.....a job for the weekend then

funnily enough i'm also a fan of round lights and was gonna keep it round ( inoticed you are, one just wasn't enough eh??), but it is an el cheapo and does look it, and when this light came on ebay i pretty much knew it was gonna look sweet....just hope it's as bright as the round light...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
yeah i probably could, they need to be viciously ground away to fit in the little mounting slots.....a job for the weekend then
in that case.....

whynot use the fork mount piece & knock up a new connection piece for the new light

Quote:
funnily enough i'm also a fan of round lights and was gonna keep it round ( inoticed you are, one just wasn't enough eh??),
No ones never enoph.. had to have two...

too me... I see two fu'coff big lights cuming down the road at me and I Immediatly think FIGHTER! FIGHTER!! (must slow down and have a gawp)

Quote:
but it is an el cheapo and does look it, and when this light came on ebay i pretty much knew it was gonna look sweet....just hope it's as bright as the round light...
Weeeellll, if it aint... I'm sure a bit of fettling can sort that

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

headlight is mounted....it went on very easily actually....

just whacked in a couple of 22mm spacers and mounted it straight onto the bits that attach to the fork...easy peasy.

i won my single sided swingarm on ebay....but that'll have to wait a month or two as i need to buy a wheel and hub from my neighbour but have a holiday to the states planned....

I'm also very keen to get rid of that pig ugly brake fluid reservoir as soon as i can.....winter is gonna be fun!!

and the new light is bright as hell!!!!
This user High Fived fu_jac!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #7
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Any plans to replace the Blades Fat Arse plastics?

These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
Any plans to replace the Blades Fat Arse plastics?
yeah it'll happen, probably during winter, have been looking at the new gsxr units, 75 on ebay, though with all the bits it'll probably be more like 250) they're nice and bulbous which sort of matches the tank i think.....gonna mean some serious subframe mods but i should be ok to do that.....was looking at one of motorhohos threads yesterday (guy makes me sick with all his skills and tools...sick in an inspired kind of way!!) and he designed a subframe on CAD and had it plasma cut which i might do, i can do the CAD work but will need to find someone to do the cutting.....i suppose it all boils down to cost....

have had a word with CBRRT about linkages etc and it seems im gonna be ok to use my standard blade linkages and shock which is a good thing, and it also turns out that the bit's my neighbour has which are from a pre 1994 bike are interchangeable too, hub, wheel, discs etc......i'm ordering new swingarm and wheel bearings as i feel it's probably a good idea to put new ones in before the arm is installed as i have no way of telling how old or abused the bearings are and don't want any nasty surprises when i ride the thing first....
These people High Fived fu_jac!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
adam1983
150lbs sexy 30lbs squishy
Senior Fighterer
adam1983's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
adam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to all

have you got the spacer thats needed for the swingarm conversion?

"Dare to be great, Dare to be powerful beyond measure"

adam1983 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #10
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

not yet mate.....but i do know about it...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes