the efe - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > the efe

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:14 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default the efe

this is one of the bikes from the mag , but as it ain't always the easiest to find in the good old US of A i thought i'd have a build thread here too , granted it'll always be months behind when i post here but it gives me a chance to participate .

where did i start ? well... me mate craig bought most of an efe rolling chassis, which he duly ignored for a year .......so i bought it off of him

the plan being to throw together an efe based bike

first off was the rear suspension, i had enough bits to get started , i assembled them all and used a ratchet strap from a tree to hold the arm in position

once the position for the lower mounts had been decided on it was all taken inside and prepared for welding

bottom mounts fitted i could move on up ......to the top...... back outside

i cut out the battery tray, flipped the frame the right way up and used straps again to hold the arm (checking angles with a digital angle finder )

this let me make templates for the top mounts .

so far we have a chopped about efe frame, a gixer thou arm, gixer thou shock, sv650 linkage and a set of dogbones
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: the efe

i know you have a lot more info and pictures to post but i have been following this in SF mag. this as well as all of the other write ups you do have really made me want to build more and more

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

i was going to fit an adjustable top shock mount ....

but i decided n another route

adjustable dogbones , i like them

then a friend donated a front end that i was able to combine with a billet yoke i had lying about

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Them adjustable bones are a nice adition to any bike fer sure and relativley afordable .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180649754421...84.m1423.l2649

watchin this one Yan' keep up tha good work mate .

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
yantosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
Them adjustable bones are a nice adition to any bike fer sure and relativley afordable .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180649754421...84.m1423.l2649

watchin this one Yan' keep up tha good work mate .
made me own big man, mine have proper rose joints too (heim joints)
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
yantosh

now that its on its feet its time to pop in a motor and try on the bodywork

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
yantosh

first mock up was with a cbr900 rear wheel

A- mismatched wheels

B - rear tyre looks skinny against the tail light

so i obtained a 6" rim from an srad, and since i'm changing the wheel i might as well trick up the rear of the arm with some billet ends .............like ya do

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Handsome Matt
Just Here For The Party
Senior Fighterer
Handsome Matt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 12 Times in 7 Posts
Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

apparently being on an island in the North Sea is a part of the formula for street fighter success! Subscribed to this build for sure!

2015 Winter Build: Phoenix Ascending

2015 Winter Build Discussion: Phoenix Ascending

"But it would require a great moral effort; it would mean staring failure in the eye every day for years. And so to protect themselves people say "I can't."" - Paul Graham

"Assumption is truely the mother of all fuck ups." -Yantosh

"Criticism is easy to do, but rarely worth listening to, mostly because it's so easy to do." -Seth Godin
Handsome Matt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Handsome Matt!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Subbed.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived thaOrleanyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
yantosh

picked up an oil cooler and cut out a mounting bracket

then made some bars, if nothing else it made it easier to push around

then i decided i didn't like the cooler up there so made a new bracket

welding turned out nice on this i think

which moved it to down here

which i thinks looks betterer
These people High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes