Casper's 2006 Suzuki SV650 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Casper's 2006 Suzuki SV650

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:47 PM
Flip Offs: 186
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Default Casper's 2006 Suzuki SV650

Bought a fun little toy and started my modifications.

Modifications before I purchased...
Delvic Exhaust
Pazzo Adjustable Levers
Minor elimination of the rear fender
Solo Seat cowl and spacer color matched to original.
Mini LED stalks in the front attached rather poorly to the bracketry with two washers and a nut in a large triangular hole.

Edit: New Pictures

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 169 Times in 146 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Casper's 2006 Suzuki SV650

At least give us something to look at!!!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Already ordered a set of Superbike bars for her as the current ones are horrible close to my hands and are at an awkward angle.

About to go raise the preload to max and take some night time shots before the morning comes, so much fun.

EDIT:
Can't leave anything alone, preloads are set to max and three sets of plastic have been removed.

Already decide the triples and fork bottoms need to be painted black to match the frame and swing arm. The V in the top triples needs to go and the gauges/headlight need to come closer to the forks. (I removed the bikini fairing as part of those three plastic sets.)

Some inspiration for me to look on...

These people High Fived Casper!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Gunny1968
Fighter
Gunny1968's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 7 Times in 2 Posts
Gunny1968 is a NOOB

Now that is one sexy Sv!

God bless Remi
Gunny1968 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Casper
The friendly Ghost.

Alright, first things first, pictures added to original post.

I took a nice long ride on her today and have to say that she is amazing, plenty of power down low and able to accelerate in any gear. I think I might be hooked on V-Twin power. Took my first trip up to the local ski area (one of the only curvy roads in the neighborhood) and she handled like a dream, need to work on my chicken strips.

Modifications in the near future:
Black Superbike Bars
ZX14 rear shock
Undertail modification (I hate how much room it currently takes.)
Complete Fender Eliminator (Probably home made from sheet metal.)
Integrated Tail light
Stainless Steel Brake lines
Exhaust hanger creation
Removal of passenger pegs
Maintenance (Oil change, radiator fluid flush and fill, chain clean lube and adjust, brake fluid flush and bleed. Anything else here, recently went though a 27k mile inspection at a motorcycle shop I trust?)

Modification in the not so near future:
Removal of V on top triples
Black paint/powder on triples and fork lowers
Color change on wheels (Help break up the black. Possibly to the color of the engine.)
Rearset changes (Probably just modify the current ones to have less material in the non structural areas and changing the heel guards.)

Modifications in the far future:
GSXR USD front end
GSXR rear wheel swap
GSXR (K5+) tail swap
Through swinger high mount exhaust

Reminder:
These are all up to change and in no particular order or time frame (could be years), but most will get done. Any other ideas?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Casper
The friendly Ghost.

Higher quality pictures have been uploaded in the first post.

Also, since taking these pictures this afternoon, I removed the rear signals due to them being out of place. Tempted to grab an SV650S top triple and clip ons to give myself a cleaner front end. Also do not like the massive size of the gauges or how much the silver bits stick out... must wait for summer.

Adjust and lubed the chain and found the masterlink clip had come off somewhere... so I grabbed one I had and threw it on. Kind of an awful feeling.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict
sympul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Flip Offs: 436
Flipped Off 381 Times in 55 Posts
sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Adjust and lubed the chain and found the masterlink clip had come off somewhere... so I grabbed one I had and threw it on. Kind of an awful feeling.
Wait... you mean your chain is held on with clips and not rivets?

Ug, that would scare the shit out of me.

I like where your ideas are headed for this build. You'll want the GSXR front end sooner then you'd expect. When I was riding with the stock front end I had a few instances where the bike would 'wiggle' as I was cornering through some dips... it was enough to give me butterflies in the chest. After the swap and on the same patch of road, no wiggle, just stuck to the road and got the job done.

Good luck with the mods!

(subbed)

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Check out my SV650 when it was stock! HERE!

Check out my SV (and other assorted items) Project Thread! HERE! (because 'stock' is never good enough)

Check out my 'quick flip' project HERE! (07 SV650 ABS)
sympul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sympul!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #8
Casper
The friendly Ghost.

There were photos here... I cannot tell which ones were here.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
o0nkdsv
Fighter
o0nkdsv's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
o0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of lighto0nkdsv is a glorious beacon of light

looks nice man.
o0nkdsv is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
Casper
The friendly Ghost.

Lost pictures...

Playing around, trying to get rid of these chicken strips. I have less than a half inch on back and quarter inch on front. This is the only road with twists close by. (Not the one in the picture, but the one leading up to it. It's pretty well kept up and recently repaved.)
This user High Fived Casper!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes