ZZR600 Build Thread - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > ZZR600 Build Thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
InNeedofBoost
KAWI FTW!
Fighter
Local Time: 03:00 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
InNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well liked
Default ZZR600 Build Thread

So mine is basically where I want it for now, but since I'm joining late...I'll post some pics of the progression. Compliments and criticism are both welcome, I like to hear other's opinions.

Back story, the bike belonged to a buddy of mine...but he had a kid on the way and needed it gone. I worked a deal with him since I was selling my car.

Current mods are:
- Two Brothers full system w/ shortened muffler
- DynoJet Stage II jet kit
- BNC Race Filter
- GP shift
- Shorty levers
- Vortex swing arm spools
- Pro Tek frame sliders
- Hotbodies undertail w/ fender eliminator
- Custom headlight
- Removed grab handles
- 07 ZX-10R front and rear bronze rims
- PU steel rear sprocket, +2
- Sunstar front sprocket, -1
- BikeMaster folding bar end mirrors

Here it is the night I got it.

Right off the bat, I knew it needed to be raised back to stock height (I love the twisties, kinda hard with it that low!) the windscreen and tail lights needed some change...that and I needed mirrors. Keep in mind, as much as I liked naked bikes...I thought this thing would look goofy with no plastics...so I rolled with it.

Here it is after some updates. Shorty levers, painted the tail lights using red stain glass spray paint, painted the lower portion and undertail black, smoked DB windscreen and OE mirrors

As much as I loved the pearl white, I needed to change it b/c 1) White was getting over played and 2) the paint needed some TLC...the pearl made it hard to touch. So, I started removing the plastics to paint it a gunmetal metallic. While looking at it, I decided I liked it naked! So the conversion began.

My buddy fabbed a bracket using the majority of the front fairing stay and using some fog lights as headlights.

The front kinda stuck out too far and those foglights SUCKED for night time riding. So the next update came. Got the headlight off ebay and painted it to match. Also added bar end mirrors, Kawi green rim stripes and Kawi green tank decals

As much as I liked the flat black, it kept scuffing since it wasn't cleared. That and I found a pic of a green SV that I REALLY liked with a stripe down the center. I wanted a blue though with the same stripe. I wanted to get close to Monterey Blue from the 370Z.

Also found some plugs to cover the holes where those hideous grab handles were. I also touched up the taillights since they had faded into pink. This time I cleared over them.

Here it is now!

Thanks for checking it out!
InNeedofBoost is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived InNeedofBoost!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 
Default Re: ZZR600 Build Thread

Looks good man, I actually really like how it looked fully faired too haha The undertail is real clean.

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:00 AM
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looking good man. any future plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
ColdRank
NoObie
Noobie
ColdRank's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
ColdRank is a NOOB

that bike is coming along nice. cant wait to see what comes next. i like the placement of the mirrors but im not a fan of them being round, maybe changing the shape of the mirrors. but over all looking good bro. keep up the good work.
ColdRank is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ColdRank!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
InNeedofBoost
KAWI FTW!
Fighter
InNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well likedInNeedofBoost is well liked

Thanks a lot guys, I get flamed on occasion on other bike forums for doing the fighter route...glad I found somewhere where its a little more welcomed! Haha

It was a good looking bike fully faired, the paint was off an 07 Lexus IS350...Starfire Pearl White. It needed some work, but when I saw it naked...just like as if it was a lady, I knew it needed to stay that way! =D

As far as future plans, it currently has a lot of work done to it...I'll add it to the OP. Not sure what I want to do next. Maybe when I get some extra cash I was thinking about doing some 05-06 636 front inverted forks and an upgraded rear shock for better handling.

As for the mirrors, I can't find any others that I like. I thought the same about the round ones..I tried some oval ones and it looked awful. The smaller rectangular ones that hang down a bit look good, but I can't see anything out of them. I actually use my mirrors so I stuck with the round ones, lol. They seemed to function the best.
InNeedofBoost is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived InNeedofBoost!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Good shite mate,Im kinda liking Kawasakis as of late

What tail lites are ya using ?

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

OK jus re-read tha intro its tha 'hotbodies' setup LEDS' i presume

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
InNeedofBoost
KAWI FTW!
Fighter

Yessir, its a hotbodies as far as I know...I found a few others I like more, but it will do for now. It came with amber colored LEDs in a strip on each side of the under tail for signals. If you scroll up and look at the rear pic from when it was still white, you can see the little holes where they were. I took them out because on occasion, one would burn out. I'm anal about little things like that...having a random bulb in a strip burn out was driving me crazy so I just took them out, haha.

After looking at another ZZR build. I may just do an 03-04 ZX6R tail section.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
InNeedofBoost
KAWI FTW!
Fighter

Ok, so after looking around...I think I'm going to go single swingarm. I can't find it again, but I found a pic of a ZZR my same year-ish with a SSA from a VFR.

I went thru a few threads, if anyone does have a pic of an 05-08 ZZR with a SSA...post it up!

Now to find a wheel that semi matches the 07 ZX10R wheels...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
Ct_Fighter
Noobie
Ct_Fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ct_Fighter is a NOOB

Nice bike man, I have a similar front headlight on my 02 zx6r, how did you set up the mount to have the cluster look flush with the headlight?

You can't respect triple digets untill you have nothing to hide behind.
Ct_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes