aL's SV650 Build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > aL's SV650 Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default aL's SV650 Build

Still thinking on the title of this build.....

But here goes my second fighter build, and I chose the Suzuki SV650 for it's curvy tube frame and rock solid twin.

So far I've just chopped the rear fender off and remounted the plate and signals, installed Motosliders, and fixed a buggy coil. When I got the bike, the rear cylinder was not warming up very fast at all. Soldered in the connections to the coil and repaired some wire. I still feel like there is a lingering wire issue SOMEWHERE, I just know it. Huge mirrors are getting tossed, but sticking around until I figure out what I'm going to do with the bars. It has the Suburban Machinery bars, which are really nice, but I want a little higher grip and upright riding position.

So the plans are:
USD front end (still doing the research. see USD vs RSU thread.)
zx10r shock
Vapor Gauges
Tail swap
Speed holes
Maybe a tank swap
Super bike bars or similar
Heavy duty clutch when the time comes
Window covers
Speed Holes
Some custom headlight creation, likely to be done and done over again.
P/c frame, paint tail/ tank.
Fork Shrouds
Tube subframe, something cool and trellis-ee
VFR swinger (i know it's getting old, but SV's just look so damn good with SSSA) Maybe an r1 swinger. Or a just a GSXR or B12 to get a fatter ass on her. (undecided)

etc......... im sure there will be all kinds of other ideas I'll slowly make my way through. I don't really plan to rush anything, so this build is probably gonna take a while. My main goals is to just ride the piss out of her.

So anyways, got the basics done to get her one the road, took a short ride today, and I'm really happy with some low end grunt and the Leo Vince sounds mean enough to scare the kids. Me likey.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived thaOrleanyte!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:34 AM
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: aL's SV650 Build

Speed holes

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
JLinde1339
GURU

Fighterer
JLinde1339's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
JLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud of

Sweet ride dude. I love the frames on those. One of my top faves. I have yet to understand why manufacturers go thru all the trouble to make a nice streamlined frame and then just stick a boxey looking swinger on them. Destroys any flow. Anywho...

Ride the piss outta her!
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
Jheadx
Fighter Boot
Fighter
Jheadx's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Jheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friends

I've got an extra bar end mirror that I'll let you have for the wonderful price of....FREE! I'll bring it for you tonight haha

VFR800 - Build in Progress
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=56503

SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrNinja1281 View Post
...if you dont like it thats fine ill still love you in the morning...
Jheadx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jheadx!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

So, still bidding on a rear shock. Front end is still being research, I need to find some time to hit up the local salvage yard for forks and trips. I want to find a 96-99 gsxr 750 triples to keep my steering stops. From there it's figuring out what fits. I suppose that I could lose the steering stops or weld some new ones on too.

Anyways, been riding and enjoying her quite a bit lately. Took her out yesterday on a run to do a service call. Check out this sweet GPS rig.

Installed the bar end mirror from Jared, and deleted the stockers. Looks MUCH better. The view of the rear is pretty good, maybe even better than stock. I had to stick my elbow out to see anything with the stockers, now I can see pretty clearly behind me. Took a bit of pigging out other mirror parts and switching hardware to make the mirror work. Had to use a rubber expander and cover it in just the right amount of electrical tape to squeeze it in there and get the rubber to expand inside the bar. It's a little vibe-y while at speed, though. I probably need to go to the hardware store and get a longer screw to fit to another rubber expander in there. Maybe some BB's in the bars. Need to test some more.

Now time for some pic whoring

The jury is still out for the Suburban machinery bars. They look pretty good and give great feedback, but to ride comfortably upright and keep a light touch on the bars while riding results in squished testicles. I may try to flip them for a little more height.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived thaOrleanyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 06:34 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

No surprise it's not comfortable, you have low bars and low pegs. You need some higher and/or further back pegs.

Depending on if you want or can budget for rearsets, consider an adapter plate, or actually the pegs from an SV600S may be enough to sort it out for you.

If you flip the bars they'll have an elevation rather than drop angle, I think? I did that as a bodge to make my old T595 rideable, but it isn't comfortable and puts an odd strain on your wrists.

Looking good so far.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
Jheadx
Fighter Boot
Fighter
Jheadx's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Jheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friendsJheadx is making some friends

Ahh it looks clean without those radar dish mirrors on it! haha. If you get some industrial velcro you cant mount that GPS on there pretty nicely. Like the ingenuity though haha

VFR800 - Build in Progress
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=56503

SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrNinja1281 View Post
...if you dont like it thats fine ill still love you in the morning...
Jheadx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 131
Flipped Off 466 Times in 290 Posts
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

subbed buddy

its a simple concept really,
build bike from what you have and can afford
ride bike with your friends as much as you can
and love every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
I go home and make myself a sandwich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQkBZ1NOM8
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Measure the mounting distance on both the rearsets. I have a set of rearset plates that work with stock pegs and levers that should work for you if you want

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Subscribed... Got to love twins..
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes