89 zx600c - Giggity Fighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 89 zx600c - Giggity Fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
goodfornothing
weaksauce
Fighter
goodfornothing's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:08 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
goodfornothing is making some friendsgoodfornothing is making some friendsgoodfornothing is making some friends
Wink Project "Thomas Conde" - zx600c

Hello brethren,

Short intro: I'm a starving college student and have built two bikes before, one being a cb450 cafe racer and an 89 cbr600 hurricane cafe fighter. It's been quite a while since I've been bikeless and I recently purchased an 89 zx600 last week for $300! Not currently running, gets fuel, but carbs might need a cleaning since it was sitting for about 8 months. Haven't checked for spark yet. The bike however was running before it was stored.

ON TO THE PICS

How she currently sits. Every clutter in the subframe removed.

So tomorrow I'll be cleaning the carbs and trying to start her once again. The plan is to either go with a bobber seat or make a small tail. My build is heavily inspired by NeverEnough's kawi. I'll be modding the current subframe to make it smaller and weld on the supports closer to the tank. Fuel evap system has been removed already.

I already ordered parts to swap in a zx600e swinger and rear wheel. Just waiting on eGay sellers to accept my offer for the wheel lol. I'm hoping to get this thing running and somewhat complete by next month or so.

Enjoy!

Last edited by goodfornothing; 11-16-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: herpa
goodfornothing is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived goodfornothing!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict
Rob_0t's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Flip Offs: 40
Flipped Off 35 Times in 27 Posts
Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 89 zx600c - Giggity Fighter

And yet another finds its way.. nice score for 300$. I have a 93 zxc myself. Clicky the link in my sig.

Well be warned ALOT of guys have a soft spot for these tossaways. Myself included.

Rep for another zxc pilot.

Kill3rBaconRacing

Undead zed biggity build thred ( zx600c )
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=1#post1137667
Rob_0t is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Rob_0t!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
Tx1021
Noob in training

Fighter
Tx1021's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Tx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to allTx1021 is a name known to all

Very nice, especially for the monies.

And that seat looks pretty damn good by itself. I vote bobber.
Tx1021 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
goodfornothing
weaksauce
Fighter
goodfornothing is making some friendsgoodfornothing is making some friendsgoodfornothing is making some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_0t View Post
And yet another finds its way.. nice score for 300$. I have a 93 zxc myself. Clicky the link in my sig.

Well be warned ALOT of guys have a soft spot for these tossaways. Myself included.

Rep for another zxc pilot.
I've heard a lot of zxcs have been popping up lately. This just happened because a friend of a friend was selling it. Couldn't pass it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx1021 View Post
Very nice, especially for the monies.

And that seat looks pretty damn good by itself. I vote bobber.
I agree Tx1021, it'll look great as a bobber, but I'm wondering if I want a small tail or not. Like VERY small tail.

Good news, just scored a zxe rear wheel with sprocket and hub for $68 shipped. Swingarm parts will almost be complete, I just need a shock. QUESTION: if I'm swapping the swinger, what kind of gearing do I run? Do I keep the stock ZXC gearing or go with the ZXE gearing?
goodfornothing is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict
Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

15/39 is stock sprocket tooth count. ...

I have a entire zx6e front end im going to be selling. Drop in swap. Forks.triples.brakes.bars.wheel.tire. only mod needed is to take a lil material off the frame mounted steering stops. Dig throo mah thread and youll see it all. . Thattl getyou 17" front with good brakes.

Kill3rBaconRacing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
goodfornothing
weaksauce
Fighter

PM'd ya!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict

Glad to pass my good find on to you. Matchin front end to your new rear. Itll look good mate

Toobs.upper lower triples.bars n mounts. Wheel rotors axle speedo drive calipers lines master and lever.

Kill3rBaconRacing

These people High Fived Rob_0t!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

is the subframe bolted on on this model?...

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
goodfornothing
weaksauce
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
is the subframe bolted on on this model?...
Yes it is.

Quick update: removed the carbs. They looked pretty clean I did see that the idle jets were clogged, hence why the bike wouldn't start. I'll try starting her up tonight after work and I'll post some pics as well.

Now, which rear shock should I go with: 03+ gsxr1000 or 03+ 636?
This user High Fived goodfornothing!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #10
goodfornothing
weaksauce
Fighter

So I just got home, threw on the carbs that I cleaned earlier today and tried to start her. I'm getting fuel and spark but it won't start! What is that I'm missing here?

Btw, I'm running the stock air box and fuel evap system nixed.
These people High Fived goodfornothing!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes