SECApocalypse - Page 94 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SECApocalypse

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #931
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:19 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: SECApocalypse

Interesting. Might be worth pulling mine apart to see if I can go even softer, or get a narrower range / more usable options. But then you gotta get them back together with the right amount of oil, charge them with nitrogen, etc, yeah?

Another option would be to swap the spring from the 'busa shock onto the GSX1000 body, as the only thing wrong with that shock (afaik) was the spring was too soft. In some ways it was a better shock (more weather resistant). I need to pull the shock out soon anyhow - is part of the oil change procedure, as a precondition to with removing the (aftermarket) headers, which for some reason MAC decided should block the oil plug. %^&$#.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #932
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Got an interesting offer today. Was actually a result of a meeting at @Twin Cities Maker open house last week.

Some folks saw the #SECApocalypse and approached me because they wanted to borrow it. For a full month (mid July to mid August). They don't need to ride it, they just want to use it as a static prop / set piece.

I might be willing if it wasn't my daily ride, and I wasn't in the process of doing final touches for Wasteland Weekend. Plus that's prime riding season.

So instead I'm gonna dress up the FJ1100 (which I took to Wasteland Weekend in 2016 and never cleaned) and loan them that. It doesn't run right now but that doesn't matter to them, they just need a set piece. I'm gonna do some extra deco work (extra spikes, chains, maybe some thundersticks, patina paint & repair areas of silver coating that have come off) and deliver it by July 13, leaving it there until August 13 or so.

They are using it in a circus performance! Apparently they run a world-class youth / teen modern circus (think Cirque du Soliel) and thier upcoming show is themed around HG Wells and Jules Verne skipping through time. One of the sets they visit is a "Mad Max" themed morloch world.

https://circusjuventas.org/
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2018, 06:16 AM   #933
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:19 PM
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebwiers View Post
maybe some thundersticks

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #934
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Thunderstick = pole with can on end, "contact fuse", and spear handle wrapping. Canonical anti-vehicle weapon per Fury Road. Not really practical for motorcycle use, but they look awesome bobbing around.

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Thunderstick

This user High Fived sebwiers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2018, 10:46 PM   #935
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Changed my oil today - I've actually done enough miles (and hooning) to need it! Total PAIN IN THA ASS because I have to remove the exhaust to get at the plug and filter. Which means I have to remove the shock and crash bars, which means I need to prop it up and remove the seat and tank so I can disconnect the light... at least 20 bolts (including 8 exhaust stud nuts).

I see a custom exhaust system project in my near(ish) future. Like maybe 3000 miles away...

Since I can't prop it up by the crash bars or use the stand I had made, I got creative. Happened to have a chunk of 2x4 just the length to go from ground to the lower fork pivot bar. Is a good spot to lift by, a solid bar of 3/4" stainless steel and doesn't take much force to hold it up there. I may make a new stand that goes there but isn't quite as awkward.

This user High Fived sebwiers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2018, 11:16 PM   #936
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:19 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

You can't get at the plug and filter, or it just drains on to the pipes?

My CB's drained on to the pipes. Just covered them with aluminum foil and went to town. Easy to shape the foil and direct the oil right in to a pan.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #937
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

That actually might work - I can get at the plug, but it would mess the pipes. They MAYBE prevent changing the filter, maybe not.

Shame I didn't know sooner. :/

On the up side, I got a good chance to inspect the frame and dab more linseed oil on rusty bits I couldn't otherwise get at.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-28-2018, 06:53 AM   #938
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

While I had the shock out, I grabbed a scale (hanging sort for hunting) and measured the force needed to lift the front wheel.

50 fucking pounds.

Ok, but wait... I have a spare front wheel... how much does that weigh?

40 fucking pounds.

So that spare has ice screws and sealant in it, but I think its safe to say my suspension setup acounts for 25% or less of my unsprung mass. I'm kinda proud of that.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #939
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:19 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

40lbs isn't horrible! The front rim on my FZ is a little over 30lbs with a 120/70-17 and two pretty thick rotors. Those 705's aren't light and tire weights can swing dramatically. For example, the Conti Motion on the back of my FZ was right at 10lbs, but the Shinko 009 that replaced it was right at 15lbs. I can feel it slightly in the throttle, but not at all in the turns. Double the tread depth, though.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #940
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Yeah, plus that 40lbs is with 600 tire screws in it (I was weighing the wheels I have set up for ice riding). I figure the Shinko 705's I have mounted now are nearly as heavy as the "street tire with screws" setup.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes