Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

The K3 1k Fighter

56K views 292 replies 50 participants last post by  Leroy 
#1 ·
Finally I've bought the bike I was searching to start my fighter. A GSXR K3 1000 to release my cannibalism :D

I have a lot of ideas, thanks to you guys and some of my own. The bike was stolen from the previous owner, but he was so lucky that after 1 month he finds it and took it back.

The damages was:
Chopped harness here and there
All the fairings was missing (less work to do:LolLolLolLol:)
Damaged central lock and top yoke
Some light damage to the tank
And a missing ecu.

I already ordered a top yoke with risers from topyoke.com and bought an used ECU. The ECU plugged to the harness and the engine is working very good. The most weird for a K3 is that it have only 26000klm!
Anyway I'm in a research for a headlight. When I have the desired headlight to my hands I will start to seek a matching tail maybe make my own from scratch. Will see.

So this is the bike

See less See more
#9 ·
At last after almost three weeks that I own this bike, I've made it to do some job on her. It's raining all the time and when it doesn't rain I don't have free time due my day job :doh:

Anyway the bike is sitting like that at the moment.

And here is all the parts that came of the bike

I have alredy ordered the seat/tail (I want to have a passenger seat so I'll play it safe with that popular Monster seat)

And here is a teaser photo from the subfraim that I will go

#17 ·

I just did some quick measuring on my first gen monster seat years 93"?"-07.
I got 11-7/8" at it's widest... Which should be 30 cm it seems...

#18 ·
Thanks for your fast reply, sorry for the delay. I often go out and leave my pc open.
At the photos the seat looks thinner than real life. Anyway I think compared with the tank gas it will look ok.

So this afternoon clened, scrabed the engine and painted. I hope that I did the cleaning job well. I hate the idea that I might have to pull the engine off, just to pain it again.

:D :D :D

#22 ·
thank you. the color is a mix of reds with pearl and metal flake over a gloss black base. i called it crimson death but most pictures make it look purple

#24 ·
I've ordered some parts for the bike. Nothing major.

A set of silicon hoses from ebay

The seat lach also from ebay

And tomorrow I will order the tail light.

Also cleaned the frame.

When the bike was stolen they tried to brake the anti-theft pin. But instead of this they damaged the frame.

So tomorrow I will send it to fix it and then pant it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.