Cookie's VTR Fighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cookie's VTR Fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Talking Cookie's VTR Fighter

EDIT: 90% of the work on this bike was done for the Build-off, you might enjoy reading this more: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...70#post1444170
/EndEdit

Finally! Got a VTR1000F to Fighter:

Immaculate plastics, Harris cans, original cans, belly pan and solo seat will all be nice little extras to sell on ebay and fund this build.

I want the engine, frame and controls, the rest will all also be sold.

We're going to be looking at SSSA, Triumph wheels, USD forks, dirty bars, underseat can, KTM 990 headlight, paint, geared high. I have a design in my head mostly worked out, i've been looking for this bike at the right price for 6 months!

Before anyone says it, yes i think i am keeping the side rads, that is a feature i actually like! They will be getting scoops / covers.

The guy tells me there is a hesitation in the fuelling when you get above 120mph. I will investigate and clean the carbs, it doesn't worry me and it ran smooth between his place and my folks.

You're going to have to bear with me, i don't actually have a garage at the moment and live in a 1 bed upstairs flat with my girlfriend so the bike is actually 300 miles away at my folks place. I will be buying, making and preparing parts over the next couple of months and hopefully it will all slot together like a lovely jigsaw when i get the bike in the spring. Some parts i've already got, i'll post them up real soon.

Sub for updates!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Wilson
GURU
Fighterer
Wilson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Cookie's VTR Fighter

Nice bike to be modding, looks in great condition!
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Wilson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:31 AM
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Cookie's VTR Fighter

Damn, you have to be separated from your bike by 300 miles, sucks. Girlfriend won't let you put it in your bedroom? Maybe park it in your cubicle

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
cridge
GURU
Fighterer
cridge's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:31 AM
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
cridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud of

Nice mate, massively underrated bike - there should be more firestorms on the road!
cridge is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived cridge!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover
BurtonF166's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:31 AM
Flip Offs: 16
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
BurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to all

thump thump thump. badass dude.
BurtonF166 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived BurtonF166!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Gonna bring some bags of popcorn and 3d glasses for this build! Subbed!
GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
FIGHTER954RR
GURU
Fighterer
FIGHTER954RR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to allFIGHTER954RR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Finally in The Fookin Game! Got a VTR1000F to Fighter:

Immaculate plastics, Harris cans, original cans, belly pan and solo seat will all be nice little extras to sell on ebay and fund this build.

I want the engine, frame and controls, the rest will all also be sold.

We're going to be looking at SSSA, Triumph wheels, USD forks, dirty bars, underseat can, KTM 990 headlight, paint, geared high. I have a design in my head mostly worked out, i've been looking for this bike at the right price for 6 months!

Before anyone says it, yes i think i am keeping the side rads, that is a feature i actually like! They will be getting scoops / covers.

The guy tells me there is a hesitation in the fuelling when you get above 120mph. I will investigate and clean the carbs, it doesn't worry me and it ran smooth between his place and my folks.

You're going to have to bear with me, i don't actually have a garage at the moment and live in a 1 bed upstairs flat with my girlfriend so the bike is actually 300 miles away at my folks place. I will be buying, making and preparing parts over the next couple of months and hopefully it will all slot together like a lovely jigsaw when i get the bike in the spring. Some parts i've already got, i'll post them up real soon.

Sub for updates!
Its about time you did something isnt it cookie?! it appears we share the same living conditions! I had the engine of the vfr on the coffee table in the lounge for 2 months... that didnt go down well with the missus! good choice on the bike though mate i had a red 2001 vtr and it was a blast! theyre fuckin fun and handle well with a little work! once you've got a usd front end on it and something better at the back, all you have to worry about it ground clearance on the pegs (rearsets sort that!) and then you can throw it around like a bmx i have always been tempted to fighter one but never got round to it so will definitely be watching this one! and you're right the side mounted rads look shit hot
FIGHTER954RR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived FIGHTER954RR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #8
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Cheers guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridge View Post
Nice mate, massively underrated bike - there should be more firestorms on the road!
Agreed! They seem great and with the country falling out of love with Sports Bikes at the moment combined with a lack of "cult status" I got a pretty good deal on it. A bloke in the pub said he had one and i bought i pretty much blind. I didn't even ask what colour or the miles before i went to collect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTER954RR View Post
Its about time you did something isnt it cookie?!
Yeah it was getting awkward, people were beginning to talk.

So i've been buying bits here and there. I have a VFR750 '92 available to me from my brothers old bike that we broke and sold. But i really want Trumpet split 5 spokes on the bike so it got this too:

955 Sprint arm. Took it apart and it cleaned up pretty well.

It was a whole 36 via ebay! Why so cheap? Well, the threads on the end of the cush drive side were crossed / squashed:

Nothing a couple of hours with a needle file and some D-ing W couldn't fix and it's all good!

There were some bits missing:

A bearing cap and washer from the sprocket side of the hub and the wheel nut.

As discussed here: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...t=62981&page=3 I am pleased to report that everything sprocket side is interchangeable with the VFR750 so i took that apart and nicked the bits. I've heard that a VFR800 arm goes in the VTR easier and got hold of one of those but unfortunately it turns out the '08 arm i got has a much larger hub clamp. I might look at fitting a 5mm sleeve and also narrowing it by 7mm to accept the 955 hub. Basically i have 3 arms and 2 sets of hubs to choose from, i'm sure i can work something out!

Got the wheels too, complete with discs (rotors)

Pretty.

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #9
little13
Soo FOOKIN close!
CF Addict
little13's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:31 AM
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 20 Times in 19 Posts
little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub'd!

'Slightly' unhinged...

Doppelganger 599 http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=40163

little13 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived little13!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:31 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

im looking into the hub swap for my vfr arm to use those wheels. 200 rear is nice and i love the split spoke. i may go for a buell front wheel though, if i can find one for a reasonable price but def set on the back wheel from a triumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes