My cbr fighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My cbr fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Davey t
GURU
CF Addict
Davey t's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:57 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
Davey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant future
Smile My cbr fighter

Hello all
my name is davey I live in wiltshire near Swindon and I am building a 92 cbr 6 fighter

So the story starts with me owning a 600 hornet did a full rebuild on it a few winters ago polished all the ally samco hoses Armstrong wavy discs home made jack up kit twin lights could go on but boring my self so once it was back on the road some very kind person decided to turn it in to a bonfire out side my house and left it melted to the pavement needless to say I was guted so insurance copany paid out a fraction of what it was realy worth and that's when the cbr came along.
Think I might have paid over the odds for it at 1250 But it did sport a jmc under braced swinger koso clocks custom sub fram fiber glass seat unit braded lines rear sets a full stainless scorpion and so on but the paint work was horrendous but I brought it never the less.

The plan
so the plan is to strip all the paint and start again with a few mod along the way witch include hornet front wheel but the discs taper out so need to widen the forks to to make it fit I plan to use hornet yokes witch will allso give me built in riser same thing at the back want the hornet wheel cos it's 180 compaird to cbr at 160 but it's a tight fit in the jmc might be a bit of work needed.
Davey t is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Davey t
GURU
CF Addict
Davey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant future
Default Re: My cbr fighter

Where I'm at
so far I have striped all the paint and given the frame a light coat of primer to stop it rusting then I will do a dry buld and work out brackatry and stoof weld shit on n that

also I have had a go at geting the rear wheel in I attacked it with my grinder got it in but it ain't pretty Precision enginering at it's best lol
got my carbs put through an ultrasonic cleaner so they look good as new and went and blaged my self some 5mm 3mm 1.5mm and 1.2mm scrap for brackets and such from a local enginering company all free I might add.
And that's it for now will get pics up as soon as my laptop returns.
These people High Fived Davey t!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
cridge
GURU
Fighterer
cridge's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:57 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
cridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud of

Where the pictures mate? It sounds wicked and I wanna see it!
cridge is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived cridge!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Davey t
GURU
CF Addict
Smile Re: My cbr fighter

Sorry buddy me lap top has gone to me tech guru won't have it back till mid week but if u want to see it now u can go to http://ukstreetfighters.myfineforum.org/about3426.html
I have a build log hear
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
cridge
GURU
Fighterer
cridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud ofcridge has much to be proud of

That swinger looks good an the Ducati seat unit is always a winner! Good job!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Davey t
GURU
CF Addict

Yeah I love the swinger but having problems geting the wheel to fit had to make the whole lot thiner so I cut the lip of the hub carrier and cut the legs that sit in the Cush drive down so the carrier sits inside the wheel had to cut down the Walls in the wheel where the Cush drive rubbers sit and cut down the rubbers but did all this with a grinder so not the best job also ther is barely any clerance between the tier and swinger so think I might have to seek proper enginering skills for that one

And the seat unit had to be striped of about 20 layers of paint and now needs some filler to repair the chunks I took out with the scraper lol will eventualy be geting a proper ducati one with the rear seat as this one is fiber glass and very heavy plus I want the square lights this one is round and fugly but will have to make do with this one for now as I is skint.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
cridge
GURU
Fighterer

Well if you decide to give up on the swing arm - let me know!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Davey t
GURU
CF Addict

If could get me a custom 600 hornet swinger would gladly do a swap
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
cridge
GURU
Fighterer

Here's your pics from ukfighters Davey:

These people High Fived cridge!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Davey t
GURU
CF Addict

Thanks buddy
saved me a few hours trying to get them on hear now u all can see what I'm talking about allways make it easier to explain if u can see too.
These people High Fived Davey t!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes