81 CB750 Build "The Pig" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 81 CB750 Build "The Pig"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp
jmartin1110's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:02 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 12 Times in 9 Posts
jmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on here
Default 81 CB750 Build "The Pig"

Okay, so this is my first bike. I bought this bike over a year ago for a cheap, "quick" fix up and ride. The bike was stretched and "hardtailed". The PO had replaced the rear shocks with metal struts. I rode it and realized very quickly that it had a charging problem. I installed the factory swingarm, bought some used shocks, and replaced the alternator rotor. Of course I didn't take any pics during this process. I had the bike good to go, getting ready to ride, checked the valve cover bolts and.....snap!! Broke a cam holder. Oil every where!! And that's where these pics come in:

They were actually for a craigslist ad. I was fed up and had decided to sell it.
jmartin1110 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jmartin1110!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp
jmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on here
Default Re: Jmartin1110's CB750f Build

So it sat for a long time and I was looking around, one day I stumbled on a site full of modified versions of these bikes and I decided that I couldn't make it any worse. It already had a 5.5" wheel on it with a 180 tire, but I wanted something different. I originally decided on a cbr900rr wheel and gsxr750 swingarm.

As you might have guessed, the axles are WAY different diameters. Wound up with a matching gsxr wheel. Also got a set of cb900f front forks and cbr600 f2 front wheel.

Here is a mock up with the gsxr swingarm and cbr wheel

Before:

After:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp

I decided to keep the dual shocks and found a set of Ohlins knockoffs. I got some mounts welded to the swing arm.

I also bought a custom, uncoated exhaust. I painted it flat black with a high heat enamel. Hopefully it will hold up. A lot of purists say that its wrong to put any other color on these bikes but original colors. I and my wallet disagree. I chose a satin gm like blue with a white racing stripe down the center.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp

Here is a view pics of how it sits now. It is entirely too low for my taste. I just new set of fork springs (original ones are shot), and risers for the rear. There is still a lot more to do so expect more!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
ColoradoCruisin
Fighter
ColoradoCruisin's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
ColoradoCruisin is making some friendsColoradoCruisin is making some friendsColoradoCruisin is making some friendsColoradoCruisin is making some friends

Like it so far. As for height, what is it that you don't like about it? Just the look or is the exhaust giving you problems. On mine the new fork springs did lift it back up quite a few inches. You thinking risers on the rear and raised triples for the front?
ColoradoCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ColoradoCruisin!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Erki
Pinstriper4fun
CF Lover
Erki's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 9 Times in 3 Posts
Erki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to beholdErki is a splendid one to behold
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Hey man. Bike looks great. Keep it coming

Ugly Duckling build thread
http://customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61430

Ugly Duckling Discussion thread
http://customfighters.com/forums/sho...34#post1185834

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
The rf is like the ugly chick with a good personality, but in any situation you can't see your self elbow deep in her without throwing up.
Erki is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Erki!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCruisin View Post
Like it so far. As for height, what is it that you don't like about it? Just the look or is the exhaust giving you problems. On mine the new fork springs did lift it back up quite a few inches. You thinking risers on the rear and raised triples for the front?
Yea I'm afraid that the exhaust is going to hit every time I hit a bump. I'm hoping that the new springs fix a lot of it. When I set the bike on the ground it dropped a lot and has a lot of slop in it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp

As of right now I have a set of risers in the mail, a set of progressive springs, I just picked up a pressure operated brake switch to get rid of the spring operated one. A dual set of projectors and possible a integrated tail light are in the works. I also have to get the chain on ( very important) and rebuild the front calipers. I took this weekend off from the bike to spend some time with family and I have to go play Army next weekend since I'm in the National Guard so hopefully I will have so more progress to show the weekend after that.
This user High Fived jmartin1110!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp

Got some parts in the mail this week. Risers and springs are here. Caliper rebuild kit is on the way for the front. Got some blue anodized aluminum spools for the swing arm to help with maint. My brake switch finally showed up and I am also waiting on some new fork caps to get rid of the factory air line. Won't be around the bike till next Saturday so I will get some pics up then.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #10
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp

I'm gonna try and get some wrench time this weekend. I plan on repainting it as well. I'm gonna paint it the same color just do a better job. I will make sure and wet sand between coats and do a better job of laying the stripe. Anyone have a recommendation of the best grit to use? Also...the package that was supposed to have my new fork caps arrived torn and empty!! Contacted the company and they are send me a new set 2nd day air!! Also plan on getting matching high heat paint and painting the valve cover clutch cover etc etc

More to come

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1981 Honda SS Build
KZ1000 Discussion Thread
KZ1000 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
u gonna look so sexy naked.... I would say no homo, but totally homo since that that sentence can't not be homo

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes