1k Cb kitty build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1k Cb kitty build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
eatabullet

eatabullet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Flip Offs: 252
Flipped Off 126 Times in 66 Posts
eatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on here
Unhappy 1k Cb kitty build

Here's my entry to the 1k build off:

'72 cb 350 as she sits

date yo

and parts, the stock front end is in the garage.

motor is in the back of my truck still.

plans are kick only, battery elimination, headlight/taillight, suspension from my old katana.

so this front end

this rear end

i also have a spare kat frame to help mockup the new upper shock mount

and my kat fighter will hopefully be getting this rear end

total cost so far $300 for the cb. suspension i had, so $0. it'll need new carbs, so i plan on $370 for those. gonna sell the old cb suspension, wheels, fenders, filter covers, etc.
eatabullet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived eatabullet!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
eatabullet

eatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on here
Default Re: 1k Cb kitty build

so for the front swap. i ordered new seals, and bearings from allballs

new upper race in. it sticks out a tad more than the stock.

only by 8mm or so. btw the katana upper dust seal covers it completely, so i'm not worried.

also ordered a new lower bearing (the stock cb has individual ball bearings, which fell out and disapeared forever)
the kat stem is perfect too, no shimming or spacers needed.

need to take the ass off my fighter next to swap onto this beast. hopefully i'll have a roller tomorrow.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Thudarcat Rider
Fighter
420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked

This looks like it could be a really cool build. Especially if you swap that swing arm on it! Take lots of pix and keep us posted.

RIDE NAKED

My YZF600R Thundarcat > http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=59723

420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 420!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
eatabullet

First oopsie. Last year I ground the brake line tabs off the fork lowers. I'll have to figure something out.

I can't post pics because the photobucket mobile app is retarded. But i'll do it later from the pc.

The Kat swingarm is wider then the cb, so the subframe down tubes will be getting cut and widened. The Kat swinger doesn't have enough material to shave off.

Need to locate center and cut a chunk outta the Kat pivot tube. (Hope I don't fuck it up)
This user High Fived eatabullet!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
eatabullet

here's the top of the stem close up. the suzi dust seal covers the 8mm stickup.

and the missing tabs on the lowers

and i have the rear swingarm marked, and ready to chop tomorrow

the cb swinger has a gap of 112mm, so i'm cutting the kat at 120mm, the excess will be taken up by some bushings. the bushings are neccessary since the swinger will be rubbing on the insides now. (pics tomorrow will explain better)

also the kat rear tire is centered in relation to the kat pivot tube, the cb has a 3mm offset to the right. Justin has confirmed that the 3mm difference won't be noticeable.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:17 PM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

u make me jealous

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived gsf1200R!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
eatabullet

Chopped the pivot tube, punched out the old bearings

Mocked with the old bolt

Bought a half inch bolt with a slew of half inch washers and fender washers to better hold it in place

And now the fun bit. Locating mounts for the linkage and shock. Which will undoubtedly require grinding the stamped seam on the cb backbone and welding it back up.

So far not too difficult.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

You shouldn't have to touch the seams. Weld some tabs coming off the frame and box the tabs to the seam. Is it not that simple?
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict
Rob_0t's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 40
Flipped Off 35 Times in 27 Posts
Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Lookin tits bro !!!!!

Kill3rBaconRacing

Undead zed biggity build thred ( zx600c )
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=1#post1137667
Rob_0t is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Rob_0t!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
eatabullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
You shouldn't have to touch the seams. Weld some tabs coming off the frame and box the tabs to the seam. Is it not that simple?
When I started postioning the shock and linkage, the coil would strike the frame seam or the swingarm. I have the seam about 90% gone and welded right now.
This user High Fived eatabullet!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes