Onesight's first bike / Bandit 600 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Onesight's first bike / Bandit 600

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
onesight1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
onesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month 
Default Onesight's first bike / Bandit 600

Hey CF, I've been itching for a motorcycle for 5 years, ever since I learned on & rode my buddies 2002 Yamaha R6 when I was 18 . Its taken me FOREVER to get a bike, simply because it was not the "right" time to take on another loan or cough up several thousands of dollars for a toy.

I live in PA now (from south florida) doing work as a sleep technologist and luckily my co-worker was getting rid of his 2002 bandit 600 with 5K miles for just $900. I told him I wanted it and he dropped it off the next day to "Look at it". As soon as I had it in my garage I knew I wanted it, despite it being a heavy large feeling bike(those fairings made it feel HUGE)

anyways, as soon as I told him I wanted to keep it... I started to browse CF, and within hours, I starting fucking with it- I havent even really rode it really.

Anyways, now that I got that out of the way I wanted to share my latest modifications I've done to it and plan to do to it.

The day I got it:
Bandit looks like a great addition to my driveway, if i must say so myself

|

friends helmet was thrown in for free, but its all dinged up- certainly I will be buying my own.
onesight1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived onesight1!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
onesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud ofonesight1 has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Onesight's first bike / Bandit 600

Started to take apart some fairings and familiarize myself with the bike... now remember, I can barely turn a wrench. This is going to be the project that teaches me how.
I learn all my skills this way, trial and error. My entire garage, lights, cabinets, tables, etc. was built by me with the help of my dad's instruction via Webcam. All that stuff was woodwork though, and I was on the appropriate forum for that stuff, too.(http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=125436) Now I'm on CF-learning bikes/turning wrenches.

I notice the bike feels much smaller, that front fairing really adds size to this bike. Already ordered helmets, 2012 zx6r subframe/fairings/seats,taillight,pasenger pegs. It got pretty pricey, but I keep telling myself that there's no way I could've bought a better bike for the cash i've spent thus far (pretty true in my area)

The main modification on this bike will be the tail swap to the zx6r bike. Other minor mods will include exhaust, and front end. After all is said and done I can FINALLY ride!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #3
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

MAIL IS HERE!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Been lurking ebay for most all my parts... managed to grab these vortex clip ons 41mm (NIB) for 99.99 shipped.

I immediately you-tubed some videos to show me how to do the swap. It was pretty straight forward

sadly... .... I stripped the bolt by over-tightening the clutch bracket to the new clip on.... so now the clutch is kind of ...loose rather. -__- not sure how to fix it without swapping the bracket... but im sure theres a way, I'll look later.

edit: god I hate that stock triple-tree... I may have to grind those nubs off that stick out on top in order to fit the oem gauges back on...or something...hmmm
This user High Fived onesight1!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #5
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Time to fuck around with something small... decided to get the zx6r taillight all wired up and working.

As I look at the stock zx6r taillight, i notice the stock bandit plug wont fit into it ( obviously)
Being a total noob, I sought out a forum member, Gixxer (awesome guy, btw),to give me his input on how to go about getting the taillight working.

All I did was use female connectors that fit into the prongs in the zx6r taillight, and duct tape the gold prongs to make sure they don't contact/touch and blow a fuse. Not sure If that's an acceptable way to do it , but it works now. Didnt really know how to use a multi-meter also, but I called my dad and he explained.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:28 PM
Flip Offs: 131
Flipped Off 466 Times in 290 Posts
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

obligatory "where at in PA?" question

its a simple concept really,
build bike from what you have and can afford
ride bike with your friends as much as you can
and love every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
I go home and make myself a sandwich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQkBZ1NOM8
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
obligatory "where at in PA?" question
Erie, PA. It's a big change from Hollywood,FL... could be worse I guess.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #8
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Decided to open up the old stock headlights and use the projectors.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #9
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

My tail fairing came in. Here it is just sitting on the existing subframe...cant wait to cut that fucker off (pic is before I swapped bars for clip ons)

looking at other threads of tail swaps on teh bandit, everybody makes the cuts as pictured below (red indicates the cuts, white rectangle indicates the lug thats welded on)
I guess Ill follow for the most part...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
onesight1
GURU
Fighterer
Fighter of the Month 

Rigged the old projectors to with custom brackets i learned to make on this site. Its not perfect but its pretty solid.

Projectors look pretty nice after I painted them with black gloss engine paint. (hope that works with the temps)

Also ordered a buell xb9 windscreen to complete the look! (that little piece of plastic is pricey! and hard to find...jeez)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes