Fightered Yamaha R6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fightered Yamaha R6

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer
kylemason's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:32 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
kylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fightered Yamaha R6

I bought a rocket after having a Harley Davidson Sportster Roadster and all the plastic wasn't for me. So I'm making it mine. I have always love cafe racers so I looked into that option and decided to start. I take a ton of pictures so that if anyone wants to follow in my footsteps they are welcome to do so.
So I like the cafe style but know women like to ride on the back so I'm putting the whole seat unit on industrial strength drawer sliders with locks on both ends to secure it with a second seat where the first would slide away from. To my knowledge this is the first of it's kind.
Let me know if you have some points as I am all ears!

Here is the journey from this:

To how it currently sits:
kylemason is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer
kylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of lightkylemason is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2000 Yamaha R6 turned Cafe (with sliding seat)

Naked.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

attempted to make a fiberglass seat, too many air bubbles and a poor mold (my own fault) has made me switch to bondo as my second attempt I'm going to do either tomorrow or Monday

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

The rails are going to go on either side of the main computer, looking for ideas as how to weld the mount so that nothing is in the way.., I have a cardboard mock up
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

https://plus.google.com/photos/11585...83891031422130
This is the main page I'm looking at for pointer/step by step
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #6
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

This a rough template, gonna make the foam and then put the bondo on it while its on the bike
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

First time using a grinder, noob tip, dont touch any of the frame unless you wanna burn your fingers like me.. F.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #8
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

Need to finalize the shape yet tomorrow before I tape and then bondo
This user High Fived kylemason!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

trimming the tray, melted plastic burns too guys. I'm really not this dumb..
This user High Fived kylemason!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #10
kylemason
Young at heart, and body
Fighterer

So far, let me know what your thoughts are.
Also, I'm leaving the frame brushed like it is, paint the rest white, with brown leather, looking to get some vinyl "1856" for the year of my fraternity's founding to put on the flap that hangs down. most likely a rustic red color

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes