My First Bikebuild CBR 950RR -97 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My First Bikebuild CBR 950RR -97

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter
Hoffmann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:13 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of light
Default My First Bikebuild CBR 950RR -97

Hello Guys im going to start a build thread but you guys have to be patience when i first started coolecting parts for my bike, my vision was not to expensive but still i want it to look like a "factory build bike" well it shouldnt be to easy to see that i built it of my own anyway.
Off course for somebody that knows bikes the person gone see that it is a Fighter build.
After i spent my time on internet and here at custom fighters i realised its gonna be expensive
So its gonna take long time to build it as i dont have all the parts yet and iv also got a house and a family to take care of so i dont got all the time i would like to have

Parts that i already got.
Subframe and plastic from a Cbr 1000 rr -06
Brakes from the same bike
Mt03 headlight, i know it is to common but i got it for only 40 USD and i think its the best looking headlight for a fighter. (dont like the ailen lights)

Parts that im going to buy:

Front forks and wheel from a cbr 1000 RR
And a lot of other things like engine bolts nice fot pegs (race) etc..
I will update as we goes along.

Other plans:

Paint the engine black
powder coat the frame and subframe and other parts.
Maybe red anodise the front forks.

rebuild the clutch to a hydralic clutch
change main jets in the carbs and do some mods on the airbox to incrase some more power.

And much more as we go along.
But like i said it gonna take looong time :/

And guys have patience with my english to

Here is a first picture of my garage. the first bike is the one im gonna rebuild its a cbr 900 rr -97 with only 750miles on the other one is my -95 blade and the two others is my friends bikes.

Hoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Hoffmann!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter
Hoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of lightHoffmann is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My First Bikebuild CBR 950RR -97

I'm like many Guys here just watching members project dreaming of being Able to do many of The mods on my bike.. But now i decided fuck That i dont have de knowledge but i'm gonna do it anyway The thing is you just have to be much more "awake" so to speak, take a LOT of pictures mark things upp and write down so you Can se how it was from the beggining.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter

Ok some Boring stuff first! Tomorrow hopefully i can start organize the garage bit so i can move som of the bikes so i get plenty off room when im starting to strip down the bike. I'm also going to hard store and buy som boxes or something so i can organize everything (bolts and shit so i'm gonna be able to re-asamble the bike again and som masking tape so i can mark all electricity on the Nike so i know where it Should be. Like i said i never done job as big as tis before so i gonna be very careful with everything so i manage to put the bike togheter again.

Bought some alloy cleaner today that i think can be good cleaning up the engine before painting. Lets see if it's any good doh.
Here's some pictures of the work shop

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter

Sorry for the shitty photos doh! Might not be that intressting ether but it's start of my build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

Put all bolts in Plastic sand which baggies and label them and painters tape so you can label every connector where it goes. When I did my first I didn't know what everything did so I labeled them with numbers each plug had a number and the plug it went to had the same number. Also take pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! You may think you'll remember it later but it might take longer than expected and all those memories might be history. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 94yzf75fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-31-2013, 03:46 AM   #6
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter

Thanks for the tip it was something like that i had in mind gona start the day with a wardrobe rebuild to make the "goverment" happy so i can get My workshop time when shes back from work today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94yzf75fighter View Post
Put all bolts in Plastic sand which baggies and label them and painters tape so you can label every connector where it goes. When I did my first I didn't know what everything did so I labeled them with numbers each plug had a number and the plug it went to had the same number. Also take pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! You may think you'll remember it later but it might take longer than expected and all those memories might be history. Good luck
This user High Fived Hoffmann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter

It's getting closer to My build of here's some of The parts i'm going to use, but as long The paychecks coming in every month there Will be more here is some special made bracket fore The mt03 very nice done and you mount it to The front faring mount on The frame, but i dont think i'm going to use it because i dont like that it is to far away from The frame.

Here's some other goodies
[url=http://www.customfighters.com/forums/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25857]

I dont like barbies so The plastic goes! Hello beutiful[

/url]
This user High Fived Hoffmann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
ARNO
Too much is never enough!
CF Addict
ARNO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:13 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 81 Times in 81 Posts
ARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Blades are one of the best bikes to make streetfighter, good choice. I will be following this build thread mate!!!

ARNO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ARNO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter

i saw that you are from Poland. I,m born in Sweden and live in Sweden but both my parents are from Poland.. just some fun curiosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARNO View Post
Blades are one of the best bikes to make streetfighter, good choice. I will be following this build thread mate!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
Hoffmann
Cbr 900 -97
Fighter

FINALY i got some time over to start disassemble
The bike

Started sorting out som cables from the alarm, dont want it because it's Old so i dont think it. is reliable.

Took out the whole harnesks but i have marked all contacts so i know how to put it. back together when it's time

Tried out my mt03 headlight with the brackets i got with it, but like i tought it. is way much out from the frame:/ it looks good from the front but not from the side

And this is the bike at the moment so soon i'm taking out the engine for some paintwork.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes