94yzf75fighter's 05 636 "The Dedication" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 94yzf75fighter's 05 636 "The Dedication"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here
Default 94yzf75fighter's 05 636 "The Dedication"

05 zx636 "The Dedication"

I bought this and a 03 zx636 with the intentions of building the 05 for me and me the 03 for my brother. He was having a really rough time with PTSD trying to get back in the military and going through a nasty divorce. It was to help him learn something new but to overall try to keep him busy and see how great life can be especially when motorcycles are involved. He was so fucking happy when we started life got in the way a little for him things happened but the plan was still there. As most of you know he passed on September 1st and it absolutely devastated me. Loosing my brother my best friend my hero is the toughest thing I've ever dealt with and with the way it all went down I have very sever mental scars from it. With that being said I'm building this bike in dedication to him but also for the same reasons I was to build it with him. Keep my mind busy and remind myself why I love building/riding motorcycles.

So here's my bike with newspaper

I've been collecting and planning for a long time so I'll do my best to remember parts and prices.

05 636 motor throttle bodies harnes exhaust and other random bit $180
Frame $150 ( will be going custom so tack another 800-1k on that later)
Ducati sssa almost $400 to get it completed
05 zx6 forks $80
06 zx6 triples $75
03 zx6 front rim $130 ( sold the rotors for $100 so really only $30)
06 zx6 fuel tank $62
M4 exhaust $50 ( might go with one of these Ducati s2r1000 exhaust can I have yet to decided)
The rest is all parts I have left over from other part outs or builds

I'm missing just a few pieces I am undecided between 2 tails but leaning towards 1 I'll probably buy tomorrow. I had a vrod headlight but had to sell it off when times got tough. I will be buying a new one I have my eye on one that I can hopefully get for under $100. I'm going to use either woodcraft rear sets or the Chinese knock off vortex. Paint scheme will be black and gold and I have the design of it all planned out. The hardest part will putting it all together. I was going to use badass industries custom steel tube frame but it looks like they are to backed up and I wouldn't get my frame back till 2017 so I might go with one of the many other companies and register the bike with one of my 03/04 titles because the 05 frame I bought didn't cone with a title. It doesn't matter to me as this bike will never leave my possession because of the sentimental value it will have.

i will putting my heart soul blood sweat tears love and everything i can possiably put into it. My wife already knows what this means to me so time and money are no problems. im looking forward to see what i can do with time money motivation and competition.

RIP Sean David Maxwell..... I love you I miss you this is for you. Wish you could ride this beast when I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here
Default Re: 94yzf75fighter's 05 636 "The Dedication"

Ordered my tail last night and also the correct rear rotor bolts. The parts list is very small now it's time to D FUCKING W!!!!! Hopefully I'll have the energy tonight to muscle this motor 5 feet and get it bolted in. As soon as I do that I can get the chain situation worked out and the rear shock.

Question what would be the best way to shave 2mm off either the frame or swingarm? Should I just hand file it? I'm afraid with the grinder that I'll take off to much.

Quote:
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 94yzf75fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Got the motor moved out of its little corner and into a better place to work not the greatest of ideas doing by myself. I sometimes forget that my collar bone isn't 100%.

After I got it there I got the front motor mounts bolted and was attempting to adjust its position in the tire when my shoulder let me to stop. That's where I'm left at right now I need to move the motor but physically can't so I'll have my friend come over tomorrow to help me get in a better position so I can mount the back of it and start figuring out the good stuff. Since I couldn't do that I finished making my block off plates got those put on.
Here's a pic with 1 installed

I started to clean the motor up a little but remembered it'll be going in and out of the frame a couple more times and I'll just have to clean it again before paint so I said fuck it.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Got the motor mounted last night well kinda. I found out after I got them through that the rear bolts are the ones from the 03 and are about 1/4in to short. Searched everywhere for my 05 mounting bolts with no luck so I said fuck it il buy new ones they'll be here Thursday. The ones that are in there are good enough to move everything to where I can get the swingarm started which I will get some help moving it to a better place to work with tonight.

I also ordered my tail which will be here this week. My new front rim should be here today so I can get a idea of the stance and start working on the rear shock mount location by this weekend.

Motor mounts-$16.99
Tail-$60.00

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Nothing build wise to report except the arrival of parts. Got my gas tank tail caliper hanger and new motor mounts in today. It's the first time she didn't flip out when a bunch of parts showed up in 1 day. Hmmmmm maybe she's sleeping with the mail man because he brings the devils business. I spent the past couple days taking off the exhaust on my r1 and mounting the new m4 what pain in the ass that was. I'm afraid to go under the tank on this bike I think I'm just going to sell it but here's some pics of my new parts

R1 just put this up so maybe my new exhaust looks as good to you as me

Tank it has one little dent on the other side that will need a little bondo and I'll need to use my other airbox cover because the mount is broken but this gives me a extra 1 to practice mounting the gauge into it.

And my tail 2011 zx6r hot bodies race tail thought it was smaller might sell it to buy a cbr1000rr race tail not sure yet. I like it but not crazy for it sucks because I bought a seat for it today

Bought the seat And a missing rear wheel spacer which is the last fucking piece holding me up on the swingarm. I have to make sure it's centered and the chain alignment is as close as I can get it with the tire being centered

Seat-$30
Fucking spacer-$28

Build total- FUCK IT!!!! I only have 1 bike my brother and I were going to build together

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Ok well today was really fucking shitty day with it being Veterans Day and all that good shit. It put me in a shitty state of mind. After dealing with the family stuff I had to do and feeling depressed for the better part I decided that if there was anything that could make me feel better it was riding and building. I went to the road that I wrecked on and torn sone fucking corners up made me feel somewhat better. Than I had to deal with other VS that put me right back down so I locked my self in the garage and told everyone not to bother me.

So I started finishing up putting the sssa together. I did that pretty quick and decided today was the day that it was getting mounted no matter what. So I got some string to get the rear end centered. Got that settled along with the chain alignment.

Next up was the big step grinding down the pivot mounts on the frame to fit the sss. Spent a little time on that grinding checking grinding checking about 10 times of doing that I got it fitted!!!! Huge deal In my book as that was the hardest part of the build In my eyes.
Chain aligned

Next after all the grinding filling checking double checking grinding some morei got that bitch mounted ( with a temp bolt till my real pivot bolt gets here. Here are some pics.

Now my new pivot bolt will be here tomorrow I can get that put in and see if need any sleeves or new pivot bolt made. Hopefully it all works out HAHAHAHA. As soon as I figure out the pivot bolt I'll be rebuilding the forks and figuring out the rear shock mount. As soon as all that is done frame gets shipped off to get custom steel tube work done. It feels goo knowing The sssa is almost done so with boost of momentum expect lots more to be done in the next few day

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Alright well I got the frame shaved enough and got the sssa put into place. I got my new pivot bolt in the mail today and very quickly realized I have a small issue. I found that the brake side hole wasn't lining up perfect so I peaked around and I have a little clearance issue. The swingarm is rubbing on the motor and making it so the hole in the frame and swingarm aren't lining up perfect.

First I had to cut the spacer thing that holds those annoying ass crown nut because it had a piece that went into the old swinger. No biggie chopped the end off.

Now I'm stuck with this

And if you can see where it's rubbing on the motor

Shitty pic but it is. So the million dollar question would it be ok if I took off those couple mm to line the hole up and make it so it's not rubbing any more? Will it effect the strength of the mount on the swingarm by taking a 1/4 in or so off the front of it. That side mount is larger than the other side but it don't want to sand/grind/ file the swing arm and have it fail on me.

HELP!!!!

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Just getting the idea

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Got the swing arm trimmed didn't need much just a little but it's done now and everything fits perfect. It will never effect anything I'm positive on that I didn't take off enough for it to do anything.

Got it all lined up perfect tire is straight chain is straight

Now tomorrow I'm rebuilding the forks getting the front end put on and figuring out the rear shock mount.

I'm going to post up pics tomorrow of the rear shock mounting options I'm going to need some help on the as far as what's the best position angle and mount designs.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp

Got one fork rebuilt tonight in surprised I even got that done. It's been a long hard exhausting week. Being in the garage has really helped though. I'm struggling hard with the loss of my brother but it feels good to working on bikes again.

Anyway back to the great accomplishment of rebuilding 1 fork.
Welded up my own fork spring compressor drilled some holes in it and rounded the tips of the bolts to fit the holes.

Put a rod in the bottom hooked up some ratchet straps and got it done

I'm going to stay up late tomorrow night get the other one done and get the front end on so I can start to figure out the rear shock mount.

I need help with that how do find the correct position for the rear shock to give you the best performance comfort Ect. I have no idea about this and need some serious input on it.

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads