CRF150R -from crap to glorious. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CRF150R -from crap to glorious.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Kimmo57's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 22 Times in 11 Posts
Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default CRF150R -from crappy to glorious.

I've raced minimotos for 10 years, but unfortunately it's a dying sport here in Finland and for years has been alive only because of the minisupermoto races that are held on the same occations. For this reason I'm now moving up to the minisupermotos. I did a test season last summer on our team's endurance moped, for which I made a bigger 85 cc motor and I was able to finish somewhere in the middle despite poor front end and brakes, so with a better bike I should do OK next season.
I'm not too excited of the Chinese quality, so I decided to get a proper Jap bike and found this:

A 2008 Honda CRF150R, poorly maintained, but cheap. I figured It's all the same, since it's going to bits anyway.

It got worse before getting better...

12" wheels with rim tapes and a 2 pot Brembo caliper:

The bike came with 2 sets of plastic, crappy ones mounted and a pretty decent white ones. I ordered and fitted custom number plates and shroud decals:

I had some material left of my SRAD seats, so my work mate covered the seat:

I haven't fitted the small wheels yet, so this is where I'm now:

To do: fit a smaller wheel swing arm, fit wheels, fit brakes, powder coat the frame and the swing arm, fit new white CRF50 front fender, chop and fit a new white rear fender, have the suspension lowered with stiffer springs, rebuild engine with a 163,5 cc Athena big bore kit.

WOMBAT (Waste Of Money, Brain And Time)

The origiSRAD
Honda CRF150R minisupermoto
Savage silliness!! Low budget modern café project
3D printed back covers for Trailtech and other stuff: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/randomtechstuff
Kimmo57 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Kimmo57!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:00 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus
Default Re: CRF150R -from crap to glorious.

subd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:00 PM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

Fuckin Wiked Kimmo

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:00 PM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Here's a vid of one of my last summer's races on the moped:
http://youtu.be/QNkImiCH_zo

Another team's highlights of the season:
http://youtu.be/INoMqwk2msg

The origiSRAD
3D printed back covers for Trailtech and other stuff: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/randomtechstuff
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

The tank was scratched and ugly, but I found a fairly reasonably priced carbon cover on it, which made a huge difference! The same thing with the cap, so got a trick alu one:

Today I also started with the wheels. The front axle is 15 mm like the wheels, so just a couple of spacers later it was in. The rear is trickier, since the axle is 17 mm, but hopefully that can be sorted with just changing the bearings.

With the smaller front fender it's starting to look nice:

The fender is quite narrow and small, so I'm still concidering a chopped original as an option. I don't have a picture, but I tested on the old one and while chopping it just from the front makes it look stupid, cutting from the rear and then bringing it back with new mounting holes looks pretty good.

The origiSRAD
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Spyrious
Fighter In Training
Spyrious's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Spyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of lightSpyrious is a glorious beacon of light

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
Spyrious is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:00 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

love it !!! keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks guys!

The yellowish bits got a new coat of white. No "after" shot of everything though, just a "before":

Got a new front brake rotor. 240 mm is the biggest that fits. Also the for guards got new stickers:

I got the rear wheel mounted with a bearing change, but unfortunately it's about a cm off the centerline, so I'll have to turn a spacer for the sprocket and then see what it takes to sort out the brake side.

The origiSRAD
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Wait, the wheel is off to the right, so the spacer goes on the brake side...

The origiSRAD

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis