'80 CB750 F - boring build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > '80 CB750 F - boring build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Flip Offs: 57
Flipped Off 115 Times in 102 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default '80 CB750 F - boring build

Well, not even a build actually. But I don't have a thread on this bike so I thought I'd start one to keep track/ask advice as I make some changes to it.

All of this has been mentioned before elsewhere,but I'll say it again just to keep this all organized.

Chassis:
Forks- '91 CBR 1000F
Triples- '92 CBR 600 F2
Front calipers- ''92 CBR 600 F2
Front master cyl- '96 CBR 600 F3 (5/8 bore)
Rear caliper- '87 CBR 600 F1
Rear master cyl- '95 CBR 600 F3
Rims- '87 CBR 600 F1 Hurricane
Rear susp- stock raised 2''

Engine: 823cc
Case-'82 750F
Trans/clutch- 900F w/Barnett stuff
Rods- 900F
Pistons- Wiseco 10.5:1
Cams- stock 900F
Head- Ported 750F
Oil pump/pan-900F
Oil cooler- 900F
Exhaust- stock (why???)

Ok, now thats out of the way,here it is when I first got it.

Rims were all scratched and chipped. Stock 4-2 pipes choking the motor (wouldn't rev past 7k).It had stock VFR turn signals on it which were fookin' huge,so they got swapped out for some smaller el-cheapo bikemaster jobbies. And I just recently discovered the rear wheel was running 11.5 mm off center.

Oh,and how can you miss that CBR front fender.

As she sits now:

Rims are powdercoated and CENTERED! I relocated the horns('cuz they stuck out like a sore thumb before) and it has decent exhaust now. It's a V&H 4-1 which I'm mostly happy with. The megaphone tucks up nicely,but I'm afraid I'm gonna drag the primary tubes...fingers crossed on that.I also removed the rear turn signals and wired in a tail light integrator thiny-ma-bob that converts my two-bulb tail light into a tail-stop-turn unit. My throw-over bags had issues clearing the turn signals.

Oh,and the new exhaust system saved 14 lbs over the stock set up

Pics:

So next on the list:

-lower headlight
-new clocks???
-new front fender- ideas,please
-foot peg mount modifications/possible rearsets.
-rims def need a strip or sumthin'
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:58 AM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here
Default Re: '80 CB750 F - boring build

You're going to need a front fender. I would either cut up the cbr one or try your hand fiberglass or make one out sheet metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp
jmartin1110's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 12 Times in 9 Posts
jmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on here

I thought you were gonna go white with the wheels?? The newer cbr fenders are pretty nice...that's what I'm running on mine. I'm digging the exhaust...how does it sound??

1981 Honda SS Build
KZ1000 Discussion Thread
KZ1000 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
u gonna look so sexy naked.... I would say no homo, but totally homo since that that sentence can't not be homo
jmartin1110 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Yeah,running fenderless sucks. I did that once before. It didn't last but a few days.

J,I really like the white wheelson your bike,but it just didn't look good on this bike. I painted them white the other day and didnt like it. I think it's the lighter colored paint. The white just washes out on it,if that makes nay sense. I have been meaning to ask you about your fender. I do like that. I guess if I wasn't so lazy I'd just read your thread....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Picked up what I think is an ST 2 fender from a bud. It doesn't look entirely out if place on the bike. I actually kinda like it and it looks easy mount without any brackets having to show.

Pica are being stubborn
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384292969881.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	35537   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384292989656.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	35545   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384293012916.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	35553   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384293055084.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	35561  
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp
jmartin1110's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 12 Times in 9 Posts
jmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on here

much better!! Get rid of those funky reflectors though

1981 Honda SS Build
KZ1000 Discussion Thread
KZ1000 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
u gonna look so sexy naked.... I would say no homo, but totally homo since that that sentence can't not be homo
jmartin1110 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 169 Times in 146 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

That round stock show up?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin1110 View Post
much better!! Get rid of those funky reflectors though
Yeah, the reflectors gotta go.

Too high off the tire? I've got a 110 on there now and I'm planning on running a 120 next time. So I want to leave a little room.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384307363400.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	35625  
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
That round stock show up?
Yes, it did. Thank you sir.

The PO had a mixture of spacers and washers (right side of pic )on the caliper adapter brackets. That round stock you sent was used to make proper spacers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384307507425.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	35633  
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes