Denver's KZ750 "The Shitmobile" build thread - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Denver's KZ750 "The Shitmobile" build thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
Denver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:33 AM
Flip Offs: 365
Flipped Off 415 Times in 238 Posts
Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Denver's KZ750 "The Shitmobile" build thread

So since my last little excursion I've moved and put together this little shop sort of thing to work in

here's how this bike is sitting now:

pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming in....

tune in next payday lol

The Shitmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
If it brokes it brokes.
Denver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Denver is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Denver's KZ750 "The Shitmobile" build thread

should have mentioned, I picked this up on ebay, it's in the mail... gonna be like a kid on christmas
gonna cut off the dual shock mounts and have a single mount for the rear shock welded to that crossbrace

ZRX swingarm:

Endo was so kind as to ship me some forks last week, those should be in soon as well

Also got my tire situation un-situation'd - gonna try to get these mounted on the same old RC51 + 900RR wheels this week some time

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

Dropped the wheels and tires off today, I'll likely be out of town all week, when I get back I'll pick those up and hopefully I'll have some goodies in the mail

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.
These people High Fived Denver!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

Forks and swinger will be in the mail monday, I'll be gone to work but I should be staying in town this week so I can D some W in the afternoons... can't wait

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

Posted this up on facebook, should've posted here too haha.. just the rear end mocked up.

Forks and triples will be en route Monday thanks to DimestaK

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

god damn mother fucker

mail man was good to me today

It's not fitted with the proper bearings, just bolted in place for now. Everything is a mockup so far.

I met a real nice old frenchman who lives down the road from me, he's got a big hobby machine shop at his farm, for a small fee he offered to do any lathe work i need for this project... woohoo... my swingarm pivot bushings should be done soon.

and I have this headlight laying around that I am going to use... it's a headlight for a Miata. A couple years ago a member here bought a pair and sent the other one to me. The name escapes me now... but whoever that was, thank you again.. I just need to find a bucket to put this in.

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

brought the subframe down to where it's actually supposed to sit, looks much better... i'm an idiot

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.

Last edited by Denver; 12-30-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

bars or clipons? i don't have clipons to show... but you can use your imagination

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

after a scrub and a hipster filter it almost looks presentable... can't wait to paint that silly tank

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #10
Denver
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
can't wait to paint that silly tank
So I did just that today... I didn't get any pics of the body work but it was nothing exciting.

Ended up with a nice gloss, just used spray cans. I ended up with a bunch of drips in my clearcoat the first time around. I blame the round spray pattern on the first brand of clear I bought. I sanded the whole thing down with 1000 grit and then cleaned it up and sprayed it again with a different clear with a fan tip. Worked brilliant

I also covered a seat today for the first time in my life. I like the way it turned out. I bought a $25 seat cover from Canadian Tire and stretched it over my seat. hair dryer, some spray glue and clamps, and in about an hour I was able to fix it up

I'm still working on the tail bodywork. I had to refiberglass some of it because the tail had been cracked and split. that should be the next thing I get done.

The Shitmobile

Quote:
If it brokes it brokes.

Last edited by Denver; 02-10-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2014 Winter Build Off > 2014 Build Threads