The Fallen Angel- HickLife build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The Fallen Angel- HickLife build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:29 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default The Fallen Angel- HickLife build

So i figured since I've been on the forum for about a year now its high time I posted a build up. Especially since I've been DW and the only pics people have seen is when she still had all her clothes on. Not gonna lie its probably gonna be a slow build what with money restraints and all, but it'll get done the way I want no less. So if you never saw her before here are some before shots.

After that I got a full yoshimora exhaust, some dominator headlights and a bar end mirror and stripped her down to this.

The Mrs. sitting at scraping the coast ^

I had no way of mounting the gauges onto it so ultimately they got ziptied on you can see it in the back ground of an upcoming pic. I also decided I hate silvery shiny anything but black or dark dull colors on her so as you can see the exhaust was stainless...... yuck. But nothing a little high temp paint and 74.5 ft of exhaust wrap can't fix (I say 74.5 cause I ordered 75 ft and used all but 6" of it, talk about lucking out.)

I hated the zipties from the moment I put them on there but what are ya gonna do? Take an old neighborhood watch sign and chop it up thats what. While I was at it to save some room and for lack of any ideas of where else to put the dang thing except for right in front of the key I did a little mod to remove the BAS. No pics of that just putting it out that I did it. Alright more pics.

Exhaust after I scuffed it up and painted it^

The wrap I used^

All wrapped up. You can see how little was left^

This was my first idea for a mounting bracket. Turned out it was too flimsy and it bounced around a lot.

So I did this^ it attaches to the bolts on right around the keys and then the arms go down and tie into the headlight brackets.

And that is how she sits now. I have a huge laundry list of what I want to do to it including a USD fork swap, probably from a cbr1000rr and have those powder coated black or a dark grey with fork shrouds and possibly custom milled triple clamps, frame powder coat, motor swap is being thought of but that'll depend on if the motor i'm thinking of using will even fit between the frame, swing arm swap to SSSA thinking VFR but who knows what it'll end up being, tail swap/custom tail, custom tank cover that doubles as a radiator shroud, not really a mask but more like a headlight shroud to look like slats (kinda like blinds on a window or the front of an old train. This build, since it is my first one, will test my skills, I have never done fiberglass work, never swapped a swinger and the list goes on, but I've always believed the best way to learn is to do so here goes!
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived HickLife!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
taylorjr
Forearm of Steel

CF Pimp
taylorjr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 67
Flipped Off 29 Times in 21 Posts
taylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on here
Default Re: The Fallen Angel- HickLife build

Flip the clipons!!!!
taylorjr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Definitely thought about it, I've seen people do it. what do you do? just swap the sides and all the things on them and shave of the positioning tabs?

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

Looks good +1 on flipping the clipons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

You don't have to shave any tabs off just switch sides and flip them upside down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict

Thats right, the positioning tabs would be upside down so it wouldn't matter.

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
This user High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:29 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

i dont know how it is on the 03-04 600rr but on the 07 u couldnt flip the clipons because they had a big rise to them so if u flipped they were way too low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

also hope she dont ride with u with that outfit she has on in the pic

Quote:

...Just saying.

Clicky

DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict

No she doesn't ride like that. She met me there thats why she is dressed like that lol. Jacket, helmet, jeans and over the ankle shoes at a minimum when we ride. They dont look like they have much of a rise if any, but i have seen where people flip them and put then on top of the triple tree. so we will see how that goes

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart

if they dont have a ride then yea id put them on top of the triple flush with the top of the fork legs

Quote:

...Just saying.

Clicky

This user High Fived DrJellyFingers!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes