CB1100F- Poor man's CBX - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CB1100F- Poor man's CBX

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:57 AM
Flip Offs: 57
Flipped Off 115 Times in 102 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default CB1100F- Poor man's CBX

Well, I bought something I thought I'd never own. If you don't already know, I love CB's. Particularly, the twin cam F's. I'm pretty sure owning a CBX will never be in the cards for me, but I'm extremely happy to have picked up one of the ''Big CB's". SO happy.

It has the wrong shocks out back and both side covers are gone. But, all the brakes are up and working, ''was running when parked'', and the tank and title are clean. I'm happy. Oh, and it came with a full Yoshimura exhaust. I'm happy

This ''build'' will be a long way off,but I just had to share. I know this is old,unimpressive technology,but I just love the second generation F's. And I'm happy.

I'm not crazy about the anti-dive forks,but I don't really have any plans for suspension swaps for this bike. I thought about a full front and rear swap to F3 bits and 6 spoke 17's, but I'm not sold on the idea yet. Especially regarding going monoshock. I just dig what these bikes are as-is. I'll source some proper shocks for out back,of course. It has superbike bars on it now. I'm gonna keep my eyes out for a set of the original adjustable bars that should be on here. (Wish me luck. ) I really only plan to put this thing back like it should be. New rubber bits throughout, chain and sprockets and a repaint to all of it's dated original glory. Like I said,this is a long way from getting put back together...and that's killing me! I know if I crammed I could probably have this thing rockin' before this riding season is gone, but I need to get rid of some other projects first. Still,I'm happy.

Im in this bike cheap,too. Fresh tires and chain/sprockets will cost more than I paid for it. Did I mention I'm happy? I am happy.

shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:57 AM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here
Default Re: CB1100F- Poor man's CBX

Awesome bike one day I want build a cb or zrx like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 94yzf75fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
Suban12

Fighterer
Suban12's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Suban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond reputeSuban12 has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Happy to hear you are happy!!.Not really a Honda guy but like the older CBs.Good to see another bike get resurrected .

Suban12 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Suban12!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

Hey bro, are u happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DrJellyFingers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Very happy Found a set of original bars on eBay and I'm winning with a $19 bid.
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

look at those tiny little rotors and calipers on the front.

awesome buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:57 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Thumbs up Re: CB1100F- Poor man's CBX

That is an awesome score, I wish I would have kept mine! Just wondering, have you ridden a 1100F? Stock vs stock, the CBX will be left for dead by one in any drag race I can imagine as the CBX clutch will not tolerate the abuse the 1100F will. At 110hp and 70lbft stock the 1100's are one of the meanest machines I've ever seen from the era too. Totally under rated and far beyond overlooked by most.

Stuff that 1100 engine into a 750F frame and scare the hell out of every sportbike you come across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
Mista M
Fighter
Flip Offs: 7
Mista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud of

Great score, I love the 80's bikes. You came out like a bandit on that. But I'm sure you know what those 1100's are worth.

"Can't rush greatness. But you can crash it shortly after finishing it" Ratfighter
Mista M is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mista M!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #9
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
look at those tiny little rotors and calipers on the front.

awesome buy
LOL. Are the rotors really so small? Maybe that 19" rim just dwarfs them

Rat, you said it best. That's exactly how I feel about this bike. No, I've never ridden one, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

MistaM, thanks. And yeah, I got lucky. The guy has another one for sale. I'm trying hard not to buy its twin. I'm supposed to be building a house.
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
Mista M
Fighter
Flip Offs: 7
Mista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud of

If you can get it cheap and its all there. Buy it and flip. Those things go for stupid prices in original shape.

"Can't rush greatness. But you can crash it shortly after finishing it" Ratfighter
Mista M is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mista M!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes