Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share what I've been working on. Found a 2000 F4 for $300. Guy said he couldn't get the engine to run. The idle was turned all the way down. Jacked it back up and it runs fine. Dropped an engine in I had that had less miles on it anyway. Anyone need parts for an F4 let me know what you need and I'll see if I have it. Chopped the subframe for a solo seat. We'll see how that works out. Blacked out the whole bike pretty much. Working on tail and airscoops right now. Let me know what you all think and if anyone has any ideas let me hear them, I'm always listening. Thanks to all of you who add to this site. Pretty much every question I've had was answered thanks to Custom Fighters.

Attachments

·
GURU
1,496 Posts
wow. thats a good deal. look foward to see what you can do with it.

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lemme know how it goes im doing my first on a 2001 f4i so same shti pretty much
So far so good. I don't know what will happen running it without the ram air tubes. Need to see how the air/fuel works out but I already know I'll probably be rejetting these carbs. Everything else is rolling along.

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the scoops. Good work on a real eyesore for the F4's
Had to step back and take a break from those for a bit. A little more sanding and shaping and I'll have something I can live with. Find some mesh on ebay to fill in the front. I'm going to cut the stock tubes and join them to the scoops by wrapping the tubes from the rear with some more fiberglass. I'll use put some screws through the airbox where they slip in to lock them down. Should work. That way I'm not drawing hot air from the engine into the airbox. It's all always good in theory. We'll see how it works out.

·
Newbie Fighter
31 Posts
Holy crap man what a steal?! The bike didn't run because the idle was turned down, thats so freakin epic. Good luck on the build im curious to see how this turns out.

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy crap man what a steal?! The bike didn't run because the idle was turned down, thats so freakin epic. Good luck on the build im curious to see how this turns out.
Yeah the guy had it at a dealership and they told him that it had a warped head and wouldn't run. When I got it home I tried jumping it off my truck to get it going. Wouldn't start so I turned the idle up and once it started I noticed that even with the choke on it was idleing really low. Turned the idle up some more and it was rippin again. I think the dealership was screwing with him to get a new engine out of it. THIS IS THE CRAZY PART. When I picked it up the guy handed me a receipt for almost $1700 in parts and labor that had been done to the bike a month before. Carbs were rebuilt, all new hoses, plugs .... almost everything but the engine. They were definitely screwing him over.
:rotfl:

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey buried, I like that mask/headlight set up alot...where did you get it?
The mask I got off ebay for $30. The lights are Optilux 1100 Series projector fog lights that cost $35. Bought a couple of filters for the mask off ebay for $10. Made a bracket to mount the lights to and picked up the universal fork brackets from MotoMadness at the bike show in Carlisle, PA. Painted it all up and there it is.

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Yeah the guy had it at a dealership and they told him that it had a warped head and wouldn't run. When I got it home I tried jumping it off my truck to get it going. Wouldn't start so I turned the idle up and once it started I noticed that even with the choke on it was idleing really low. Turned the idle up some more and it was rippin again. I think the dealership was screwing with him to get a new engine out of it. THIS IS THE CRAZY PART. When I picked it up the guy handed me a receipt for almost $1700 in parts and labor that had been done to the bike a month before. Carbs were rebuilt, all new hoses, plugs .... almost everything but the engine. They were definitely screwing him over.
:rotfl:
Im happy for you but that fucking bike shop should be shut down mate!Wot a bunch of rotten cunts.Fuckem.:shocker:

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up some new H3 bulbs for the headlights. Should be be much brighter. Worked a tail out of fiberglass and hated it. Worked a bobbed tail out of sheet metal and hated it. Bought a tail and can't wait. I couldn't build anything that didn't look like hammered dogshit. Also picked up an Acewell speedometer. Anyone have any opinions on the Acewell 2853 I'd appreciate hearing experiences. Also if anyone knows where I could get some info on the wiring for these as far as color codes that would be a big help. :anarchy:

·
student
1,347 Posts
whats the shops name? where you located in VA?

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whats the shops name? where you located in VA?
I picked the tail up from www.europeanstreetfighter.com. The owners name is Francois Buder and he's cool as shit. He'll help talk you through whatever you're doing and doesn't push anything on you to make a sale. The prices on his site were $200 less for the same tail than on some of the other sites. Good prices and like I said he's a good guy. I'm out in Front Royal / Winchester area.

·
student
1,347 Posts
i was talking about the bike shop that was scamming that guy.

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't want to shit on anyone in a forum but if your Honda, Suzuki or Kawasaki breaks down in Manassas then don't take it to any DEALERSHIPS there. You may end up needing a new engine if replacing everything else doesn't fix it.:D:honda:

·
Agent Darkcyde
65 Posts
damn good deal on the bike...got my 95 zx11 for about the same...i am building my first fighter too...good luck...i think its gonna be badass when your done...

·
Fuck that was scary
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
damn good deal on the bike...got my 95 zx11 for about the same...i am building my first fighter too...good luck...i think its gonna be badass when your done...
Thanks man. The tail is coming from Germany and will be here in about 2 weeks. I can't wait to be done with this so I can ride it already.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts