Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did all the paint and graphics. I used auto air candy red for the graphics, I didn't use their silver base they said to use under their candy colors, but it turned out awful purple to me.

It doesn't look terrible, but its not candy apple red for sure. I used some red pearl in one coat of the clear and you cant really see it in the pictures but it gives it a kinda nice glow around the edges, unfortunately it turned my black knuckles on the back kind of purple but whatever. I'm pretty happy with it, kinda looks a bit feminine, but it was mostly experimenting with that auto air junk, and I've only got like 50 dollars or so in the paint job. Let me know what you guys think.

Before:

After:

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

On a side note, I had a 74 caddy that I got rid of in trade for that 97 gixxer in the back there, future fighter project mabe. It fired but doesnt start, we'll see if I can get it running.

Nate

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
that looks like a really nice fighter project.

the paints not too bad, bet my wife would like it. lol

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Bike looks good. Paint looks clean. Not exactly my choice of color but it looks good.

Post up some of the cars man. Looks like there's some neat projects in the background. Looks like a Nova in the Barn. An old Austin under the cover? and what the Ford wheel come from?

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
usually when a company tells you to use certain base there is a reason........now you know

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
yeah, definately dont mix and match paint brands/types if 1 you dont know what your doing, 2 want to be satified with the results (you know what i mean fellas) I tried to make a pun with the wife comment, so is there any orange peel, runs, bug landings, etc? Its hard to tell from pictures, although i see some orange peel texture in the tail picture. did you already wetsand and buff? Doing it yourself with probably minimal painting experience, very good job man. Now that you got the hang of it I want to see some sick ass flames and skulls so I can see if it would work on my bike :D

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a couple up close pics of the headlight set-up.

then I made a shroud for the plastic part, looks a lot better with the shroud.

Ya I was just trying with the candy/auto air, I'll make up a test panel with their base and see if it turns out anymore red. I haven't wetsanded/buffed it out yet, I'll prolly wait a couple weeks. There isn't much orange peel the clear turned out pretty nice. I painted my car last summer and there was significantly more orange peel so I thought that was an improvement. Thanks for the input guys.

Nate

·
407 Posts
tuck the clutch cable inside the frame, and flip the can back over so the outlet is correct. Other than that, looking good!

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its from an 04 gsx-r750. I got it off ebay then gutted it. It rattles a lot and I don't know if I want to take the time to make it not rattle. I'm looking into an aztec8 dual 4" set-up to replace it.

Nate

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
am i right in thinking the headlight could come alot closer to the trees. it looks like theres a big gap. can you get closer pics stright from the side ?

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya I can get another picture if you want. but the headlight bulb wires are almost touching the ignition. So other than an ignition move, which I've considered, that is as close as I can get the headlight to the forks.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The paint job looks quality, but the silver and purple remind me of every other chicks bike out there.

Sorry bro.
It's alright I'll probably repaint this winter, all the hard work is done.

Autoair's website shows the "candy apple red" as a kind of purple candy, I didn't check before i put the paint on, I just assumed candy apple red meant a red.

They have another color of Candy Bright red that probably would have actually turned out red, so it wasn't the base that was the problem.

Thanks for looking.

Nate

1 - 19 of 19 Posts