Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright bromigos, once again, no clue what my best course of action is here, i've read about riser and clamps and clip ons and out of all the searching i've done, i still havent seen an easy solution for what i want. Looking to sub out my stock HB for a dirtbike bar, the bar itself is no issue, i can get a good deal on bar and grips from a local. My issue is how to go about getting said dirtbike bar set up on my bike. what do i use? Heres some pics as the bike stands now.

help me please tom cruise with your voodoo.

Attachments

·
probly wreck it
49 Posts
You can drill holes in your top yoke, then install riser clamps in the holes. You need to make sure the risers are tall enough for the new bars to clear your fork caps, and you need to make sure that the bolt heads on the undersides of the risers will clear the frame and steering head.

If you do this, its best to use a drill press in order to make sure the holes are straight. Also, your hand control cables and wiring may not be long enough to reach with the new bars, so new lines/cables might be needed, too. All bars are not the same diameter at the clamps, either. Some are 7/8", most are 1 1/8", so your riser clamps will need to match them. Its a pretty straightforward deal, just planning ahead that makes it tough. Hope someone can chime in on whatever I missed...and search some build threads, many people have pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts