Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Acewell spedo about a year ago and Im just now ready to put the sucker on but... the wiring harnesses dont match! I have the diagram for the spedo but the colors dont even match up to the bandits so Im stuck. If anyone can help me out Id seriously appreciate it so that I can get back on 2 wheels.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
They won't match, it's an aftermarket item.

There should have been a wiring diagram included with your Acewell. Find out what wire is for what and match them on the Bandit harness.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem is that i dont know which wires are which on my beast. theres quite a bit more wires on the bandit then there are on the speedo and they dont match. once i know what the wires are on my bike, im good to go. headlight and turn signals (that i dont use anyway) were a breaze. had electrical and every other spec on my comp before it crashed...

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Ok...well I'm feeling generous...
I stole this off of OSS a loooong time ago :) If it's correct, I'll take all the credit...if not, I found it on the internet lol

bandit/description/acewell

grey/illumination/not used
black/red/tacho/yellow
black/white/negative/black
yellow/black/fuel sender/blue
orange/green/power to oil, neut, etc/red
light green/rh blinker/white
black/lh blinker/orange
green/yellow/oil switch/grey
blue/black/neutral diode/purple
black/white/negative/not used
yellow/high beam/light green

Acewell wires I didn't bother with:

brown/continuous power for clock.
light blue/hazards.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you rock! just got back into town and have to go to work but ima try it out tuesday and get back to you. thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts