Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post here. I just bought a 02 gsxr 600 project and I'm going to street fighter it. The sssa is going to be my first mod. Can anyone give me a idea of which one to start with. I have seen tons of options but if someone has done the swap on of of these and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thx.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
You really have 5 options for swingarms:

1) VFR750 - Popular swap but shock is offset so you'll need new mounts fabbed for the frame.
2) VFR800 - Has a split pivot but I believe the shock is centered but don't hold me to that.
3) Triumph - Normal, centered suspension but normally a really wide pivot width.
4) Ducati - Uses a really goofy linkage design compared to 1,2, and 3.
5) Custom tubular - Fits like a stock Gsxr arm but costs $$$.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Measure your pivot and then go to the street fighter swaps section and look at the sssa measurements that cookie so kindly provided us with. See what has the closest pivot to yours and go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the responses guys. I checked out the sticky and did some searching. I put the bike in storage for now, winter in NY. Hope to get in within a month or so and start working on it. I don't have access to the measurements so was hoping someone did the swap on this gen gsxr. From what I've seen I'm thinking the triumph sssa may be the best place to start. Want to be as sure as possible so I can buy the whole assembly and wheels.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have a near complete triumph sssa its got everything except wheel and shock. I only want $275 shipped. It got sprocket rotor axle caliper and master cylinder essntric (irk how to spell it) like I said 90% there

I also have a 09 848 sssa it has everything except caliper. Ive got a 916 rim that'll fit but that one is nit more expensive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to have to get the bike out and take some measurements. 10° now so its going to have to wait. Can't believe nobody has done a swap on one of these gsxr. Thx for the offers, I'll get the measurements and get back to you.
Anyone out there make this sssa swap on a gsxr 01-03 600 or 00-03 750?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I do 916-998 SSSA conversions all the time. I have done probley 15-20 by now. the Ducati uses a 20mm axle and the linkage is straight forward. (one bout holding the bottom of shock and link bar, up top a linkage part that has a shock mount hole for a bout and on the other side of the linkage is the same but for the link bar. (the link bar angles forward a touch the shock is straight up and down. witch means you only need one mounting point for your suspension on the frame. (you will most likely have to cut and wield on the frame.

the reason I like that SSSA so much is it is way over built, you can cut away soo much of the mounting structor off the 20mm mounting end 9like a inch per side and be just fine. I have raced them like that.

Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts