Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent posted in a while.. or even since ive upgraded bikes. Anywho, heres some pics of the bike. its slowly coming together and not quite done, but ill toss some progress pics

Started with this

Stripped her down

Then came the temp headlight (cuz im a broke mofo!)

Enjoyed riding her around like this for a while..

Then came the air intake and new tail (after crashing and taking out the radiator and clipon)

New radiator and new "headlight" are on the bike.

LEDs that i plan to hookup for a low profile look (nickel for size reference.. They put out 1600 lumens)

Now im just waiting for some more $$ to get the coil covers and belly pan. After those im still deciding on a color to go with. Im thinking of a dark bronze look. yet im still thinking the murdered look will look good. Hopefully down the road ill toss on a new tail, who knows...

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
yeah throw up some night shots.. i'm not exactly thrilled about my headlight.. this looks a lot better.. but doesn't seem to be that bright for that far kinda deal.

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cant say they are the best pictures but heres what i got.

Its more of a "flood" type beam. not so much a spot light. but id say it projects maybe 100 ft out on relatively dark road. i havent tested it on a pitch black dark road yet. but ill update whenever that happens.

So i mean its quite bright! Actually alot brighter than i thought from the front, and also alot brighter than i thought it would be infront of me (while riding).

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like the glare would be killer to oncoming, care?
Yeah from the picture pointed at the house, my phone auto corrected it and made it a tad brighter looking in the picture. it is no doubt bright but id rather it be to bright than not bright enough. also i bought a few "tips" to try and angle the light correctly (so it isnt so blinding for oncoming traffic but the housing came pre-assembled and welded together so i cant actually swap out the extra tips i bought. so just a heads up, if somebody does decide to go a simliar route, buy the non assembled housing and try to swap the tips if you desire. you can probably heat it up and take it apart but i dont really care THAT much)

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
i dont really care THAT much)[/QUOTE

How bout after an oncoming cars crashes head on into you because your "headlight" is causing so much glare they can't see shit. A biker is softer then a tree so given the choice do you think someone that can't see anything is gonna choose to ride the shoulder or are they more likely to hug the double yellow?

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
i dont really care THAT much)[/QUOTE

How bout after an oncoming cars crashes head on into you because your "headlight" is causing so much glare they can't see shit. A biker is softer then a tree so given the choice do you think someone that can't see anything is gonna choose to ride the shoulder or are they more likely to hug the double yellow?
My exact thought when I saw that oncoming shot.
You have to run proper housings or projectors, if it were that easy high end cars and bikes would just have a bunch of those stuck it the grill area.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
i was thinking to use same front fairing piece on my build

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No updates on the bike. As for the headlight.. after riding it a bit day/night. i cant say how bright it is still for oncoming traffic, as i have actually checked. but ive never been "flashed" by any cars yet. and ive been behind/in front of many of LEOs without any concern as of yet. a LEO buddy of mine also said it is bright, but he wouldnt bother with me if riding within the law

1 - 14 of 14 Posts