Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some help in pointing me in the right direction to start diagnosing the issue:

Was riding down the highway at about 80. I had just changed lanes into the left lane and the bike completely died on me. I was able to coast her to the shoulder without incident. The headlight was still working when I shut the bike down. At first, I thought I was out of gas, even though I hadn't noticed if the light had come on. Was difficult to hear if there was anything. So I made the call to have someone bring me gas. I went to turn the bike back on just to see if it would turn over...and nothing. No gauges. No turning over. No headlight. Called back and told them to bring cables and a few tools as well. Put some gas in anyway. Hooked up the cables, and still nothing. No gauges. No turning over. No headlight. I could still hear the noise that it makes when you first turn the key and the gauges come on, but nothing from the gauges and everything just dead. I checked the main fuse, and it was fine. A couple other fuses that were there and they were fine as well. Checked wires from the ignition and guages. The battery is brand new (threw it on the charger just in case and it was fine), and no idea if the stator/rectifier/regulator has ever been changed. I'm at a loss. Any helps appreciated.

Thanks.

here is a vid of what it is doing:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kOqrzmZK-P4

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys this is my first post so I'm a noob to the forum. I have a modded 04 zx50 and while I was riding it one day it just shut off on me out of the blue. It didn't sputter or anything it just shut off like I hit a switch. Now it won't start. So I have diagnosed that it is not getting spark to the plug. The plug is brand new. The wire is testing good. The coil is getting current to it. All the wires are in tact. And the kill switch appears to be working fine. Any suggestions on what to check next? Pick up coil/stator, cdi, or anything else I can check with a multimeter? Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts