Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me out here. I have an 04 Zx6r that i've been working on for the past year or so. The bike is solid but i feel like it lags a little with performance. It gets a little boggy at low RPMs and also at very high speeds. The guy i bought it off of was initially going to turn it into a stunt bike but lost interest. She was stripped of all the fairings, including the ram air tubing. Now, i have this giant square hole at the very front-center of the frame, right between the forks that leads to an opening into the airbox. Am i right to assume that this now poorly funneled, turbulent air is the cause of my performance issues and if so, what can i do to help fix it? Also, the bike did come with a Power Commander 3 and yes i've tried to see if i can find some maps online to download into it BUT #1 dynojet no longer has any PCIII maps available online for the 636 AND the bike has one of these chinese close SC project exhausts which might as well be just a straight pipe because it has ZERO packing or obstruction for backpressure. ANY advice at all would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yep, that's the likely culprit but it's about the length/volume of the intake. The solution is to get it tuned on a dyno someplace, they'll fix you right up with a map that works with the stuff on the bike.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Very doubtful, ram air only works at speed, I have a 06 and not only is it naked but I trimmed that part of the frame, may have lost some top end but not enough I'd ever notice.
I suggest starting with tune up, fuel system inspection, maybe even valve lash.
Seriously watch a 03 ninja on a dyno where ram air doesn't work, still revs to 18k in a snap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts