Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

06 Gsxr 750 Fighter build questions

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm brand new here. I ride dirtbikes, and have for the last 10 years. Never been on a street bike. That being the case I just got a strong urge to get on the street. So i bought an 06 gsxr 750 that had been laid down and had some parts stripped off it and sold. I'm working on putting it back together and feeling my way as i go. I have a few questions that i haven't been able to find definite answers for on here.

1. I need a gauge set up. I really just want speedo, odometer, and fuel. I've looked at koso, trailtech and dan moto. All seem to get really mixed reviews so if any gsxr guys have had good luck with any of theses id love to hear about it!

2. I want to have my light set up to have a single low beam light with my highs wired up to a l.e.d. light bar that i will have spanning the bend in my bars (I'm setting it up with a riser and moto bars). Do any of you have a good small can light you could recommend for my low beam? I'm going to stick it through my mask, which will be a moto number plate inspired piece of cut and bent aluminum.

3. What do i do with my coolant reservoir? it is ugly and sticks out like a sore thumb. Do i need it? its just for overflow right? Can i delete it and route the future contents through a hose and out of the picture?

Anyways I'm sure ill have more questions to come but thats where I'm at now. Thanks.
-Ktmkaratechips

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice! Any more pics? Would love to see a build thread on it.

#5 ·
3. What do i do with my coolant reservoir? it is ugly and sticks out like a sore thumb. Do i need it? its just for overflow right? Can i delete it and route the future contents through a hose and out of the picture?
I don't recommend routing the hose just to dump it. It is for overflow but it also drays coolant back into the radiator when it cools down. You can however come up with your own can idea. Just find a bottle you like and a way to mount it, run the hose in. I've seen water bottles, aluminum 16 oz beer bottles and other stuff. Only real requirement is that it can handle boiling water without melting or deforming and not glass.

#9 ·
Looking good so far amigo. How's the light output on that bar setup you've got? For riding I mean.

1. Gauges. I used the Vapor on my Triumph. Love it and it was easy to setup. Don't have a GSXR so I can't comment on that, but Gixxer's are more popular than my Triumph so if it'll work for mine, I'm sure it'll work for yours, etc. Quick, easy, and they gave me a mil discount so it was much cheaper than a lot of the other setups.

2. Headlight - Can you show some pics of the lighting?

3. Coolant res - Yeah, don't delete it. I used a starbucks waterbottle, painted, fitted ont he bottom for the hoses, etc. Works great and looks great. The stock ones are always ugly. Period. You can always move it around somewhere, but space is usually limited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.