Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got an 06 gsxr 600 that i'm thinking about turning into a street fighter. i caught some gravel a couple months ago and knocked all my plastic off and broke my faring stay. :( so instead replacing everything i figure, why not just customize what i got. anyone got any suggestions or pics i can look at for some ideas? my only reserve is it has to be street legal.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I'll post some streetfighters that comform to a lot of different 'styles' so you can figure out what you like

For your first fighter it's probably best to just buy parts to make it work as a bike.. a headlight, gauges, mirrors, tail, taillight, bars or clip-ons. Then you can give it a more complete aesthetic as you learn more about fighter bikes and what it takes to make a good looking one.

·
theman themyth thelegend
8,497 Posts
excuse my ignorance, is this a 900rr, 954 or 929. i love this bike :rock:

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx guys those really help. I think im gonna go with the no-tail look. i'm kinda worried out the radiator. the corners stick out from the tank. any remedies?

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
For your first fighter it's probably best to just buy parts to make it work as a bike.. a headlight, gauges, mirrors, tail, taillight, bars or clip-ons. Then you can give it a more complete aesthetic as you learn more about fighter bikes and what it takes to make a good looking one.

I disagree.

Do it right once. Why waste time & money?

Unless your using your bike as main transport I'd advise doing everything right once. You'll learn nothing and gain no direction by "making it work" to get buy. You'll just end up with a shit box fighter like most of the ones I see that will remain unfinished and hard on the eyes.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
i agree with one part at a time. alot of people buy parts all out and realise it just aint gonna happen. no experience no tools no time.

·
98 Posts
I disagree.

Do it right once. Why waste time & money?

Unless your using your bike as main transport I'd advise doing everything right once. You'll learn nothing and gain no direction by "making it work" to get buy. You'll just end up with a shit box fighter like most of the ones I see that will remain unfinished and hard on the eyes.

dude exactly my mentality...although thats why my bike has been sitting in parts in a garage all summer, but i really wanna take my time and do it right and since i have another daily bike its ok...

·
98 Posts
i agree with one part at a time. alot of people buy parts all out and realise it just aint gonna happen. no experience no tools no time.
i think a lot of people just have no idea about how to design a bike and buy a bunch of crap thinking it will look good and then realize it doesnt half way through and thats when they give up. I've built my bike frame up with barely any tools and no stands....not trying to say mines better than anyone, just that you can do pretty much anything without a ton of tools.

You can rent a torque wrench or most any other necessary tool from almost any autoparts store as you need it. The only thing you really need is a good socket set and good wrench set, and a lot of patience.

I think most people just need to figure out a plan and do it right once (like tom said) because otherwise they do end up looking like a big pile of junk and parts thrown togeather, and most never get finished. Nothing wrong really with riding it around unfinished, but when its been that way for 3 years and people keep calling it unfinished the reality is it is finished (cause it aint going any further) and it probably isnt ever gonna look any better.

I'm not trying to step on anyones toes before i get flamed, just stating my opinion and it goes to anything, not just motorcycles. Do it right, finish it, and be proud. I would never want to drive anything more than temporarily if i wasnt proud of it.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
i think a lot of people just have no idea about how to design a bike and buy a bunch of crap thinking it will look good and then realize it doesnt half way through and thats when they give up. I've built my bike frame up with barely any tools and no stands....not trying to say mines better than anyone, just that you can do pretty much anything without a ton of tools.

You can rent a torque wrench or most any other necessary tool from almost any autoparts store as you need it. The only thing you really need is a good socket set and good wrench set, and a lot of patience.

I think most people just need to figure out a plan and do it right once (like tom said) because otherwise they do end up looking like a big pile of junk and parts thrown togeather, and most never get finished. Nothing wrong really with riding it around unfinished, but when its been that way for 3 years and people keep calling it unfinished the reality is it is finished (cause it aint going any further) and it probably isnt ever gonna look any better.

I'm not trying to step on anyones toes before i get flamed, just stating my opinion and it goes to anything, not just motorcycles. Do it right, finish it, and be proud. I would never want to drive anything more than temporarily if i wasnt proud of it.

Well said, unfortunatly in this scene there's a lot of hacks out there that couldn't make a decent bike if they had all the tools in the world. Impatient more then anything I think effects most of the piles you see.

They're more worried about riding a wrecked pile around town then having a unique bike that was crafted by themself.

·
98 Posts
Well said, unfortunatly in this scene there's a lot of hacks out there that couldn't make a decent bike if they had all the tools in the world. Impatient more then anything I think effects most of the piles you see.

They're more worried about riding a wrecked pile around town then having a unique bike that was crafted by themself.
lmao, its like the import car scene migrated to motorcycles...

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
I agree with TP....
Do it once,
or put it a better way do it as best as you can with what you can afford and change stuff as you can afford it, but its really about commitment, and sticking to a plan, making something that just works can look like shite, and often can waste money

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
i still want that damn rear tire !!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
I just pulled a matching set of those Pilot Race Rain tires of his 636 rim's. There like brand new but there not DOT aproved, it even says "NOT FOR STREET USE" on the side walls lol. They are hot fucking tires though

1 - 20 of 31 Posts