Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm wanting to redo my undertail, I will try to get a pic up tonight of how it looks now.

I want to build side panels to cover up the subframe.

I am also not real happy with the big can, I would like to go with a baffled straight pipe and
cut it off just past the right peg but my sound is nice and after all the research I've done it seems I could get burnt valves and lose power.

So what do you guys think? Any comments critiques or compliments would be appreciated.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Hi welcome.
I run a very short stubby end can straight of the down pipes, I have a db killer in it to cut the noise and to give some back pressure, I also have a K&N air filter.
I have fitted stage one Dyno jets and have had no problems with this set up over the last two years.
The rest is up to you.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Your valves will be safe if you get a jet kit to offset the lean condition that an open exhaust brings. I've opted for shimming my needles and so far so good. I would still benefit from a jet kit though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't really dug into it that much but I was told from the previous owner and the mechanic that a jetkit has already been installed. The bike runs great and is fast. I have had it up to 155 with 3k until red line. Thats with stock speedometer. Not sure if that's relevant. archer, that can looks great. I could definitely deal with that. How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'm wanting to redo my undertail, I will try to get a pic up tonight of how it looks now.

I want to build side panels to cover up the subframe.

I am also not real happy with the big can, I would like to go with a baffled straight pipe and
cut it off just past the right peg but my sound is nice and after all the research I've done it seems I could get burnt valves and lose power.

So what do you guys think? Any comments critiques or compliments would be appreciated.

How did it turn out? I need help doing this to my bike. Do you have. Apart list

1 - 5 of 5 Posts