Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am new to the motorcycle scene so excuse any noobness in this thread. I put it here instead of the beginners section because I won't always be a beginner lol

I bought a 2007 650R from a friend who wrecked it. Really it was just he laid it over at low speed but it wrecked enough of the fairings and scraped the engine case that the insurance company called it a total loss. So here I am. I am not spending the money to fix the fairings or to buy new ones and I've always like the streetfighter look. Figured I would make a build thread for me but also for anyone needing info on this particular bike.

Here is what I have done so far:
Fairings stripped rest of bike painted.

Gauges mounted

And coolant tank done. Mostly.

Now the reason I say mostly on the coolant tank is because I just capped it off. I know on the stock one it had a vent hose. Is that really necessary or no?

I will be ordering a headlight and turn signals Friday. I am looking at the Dominator twin style lights and led strips for turn signals. Anyways.. Suggestions or constructive criticism would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I was kind of thinking that. Just wanted to reassurance lol
That is a good idea on those hose clamps. I was thinking about putting some kind of rubber in there to protect the bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts