Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just had a little lay-down at about 20 with my '07 zx6r. I wasn't speeding or doing anything extra-legal, just became the victim of some invisible gravel on the turn lane of an intersection. She's a little banged up. I'm fine (ATGATT), and the bike sounds and seems fine mechanically, I was only a half a mile from my house so I was able to get it back.

The damages goes as far as (from what I can see) a slightly bent radiator (no fluids leaking) and a bent shift lever. The fairings are a given.

It isn't that bad, but I can't bear the sight those scratches, so I think I'm going to go streetfighter. I wanted to talk to some people who might have experience with turning a bike into a streetfighter and get some help.

I'm trying to make it as cheap as I can go road-worthy. Do I just start taking fairings off and viola? Is there any way for me to keep my upper fairing and headlight assembly while losing everything else? I know it won't be pretty

Thanks.

·
Eurotrash
33 Posts
If you just take a few bits off it will look dogshit, I say either repair the bike properly or go all out on it .

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just tossing side panels and keeping the stock headlight IMO doesn't look very good. It says "I crashed but don't want anybody to know".

Look in the bike specific forums, there's loads of pictures of ZX fighters to give you some ideas.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I refered him here after seeing his post on the zx6r forum. This was my response to him on his thread there

You can just take off the side fairings and use your upper and headlight but it'll look like shit. You're going to have to tuck a bunch of wiring. You're better off buying a 5-7in round headlight buy or make your own brackets for mounting figure the mounting of your gauges and depending on how legal you want to be figure out front turn signals. If you do it half assed it will look like shit. Look around eBay for a good head light don't buy the acrbis crap it'll get you killed at night. Making a good street fighter isn't hard it just takes a little know how and money.

eBay is your friend. It would probably Be cheaper and easier to fix and paint your fairings. The way you're talking about it you will end up riding around on a beautiful bike that looks like shit. That's the reason why the price of street fighters is so fucking cheap compared to a stock bike because people crash and do shit half assed to get it back on the road call their shitty work custom and end up fucking the person who buys it. If you're going to do it do it right. I'm building a fighter out of my 05 636 right now but I'm getting way more involved then you want to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts