Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Consider this a placeholder while I build up my track fighter for 2016. Feel free to offer feedback, info or hate. It's all good!

After nearly two seasons without a fighter or track bike, I decided to pick up a race prepped 10R for instructing at trackdays.

As delivered: 2008 ZX-10R, Traxxion AK-20 Cartridges, Penske 8987 Shock, Attack clipons, CRG levers, Vortex rearsets, GPR steering damper, Woodcraft case savers, Yoshimura R-55, Power Commander V, EBC HH brake pads, Pirelli Superbike SC2 slicks, Cox radiator guard, Motovation frame sliders, and some shitty fairings.

I duct-tape painted that bitch for the track season.

And now, nekkid and soon to be reborn. Yes I know I have a ZX problem.

I've got some goodies on standby to get this job done right.
-Acerbis KX250 Front number plate
-RSV4 race tail
-Apex adjustable riser clipons
-Spiegler +3" braided steel lines
-Combo LED tail/brake/signal strip
-LED front signal strips
-Dual VisionX LED cubes for headlight
-Ignition relocation supplies

This isn't my first trackfighter 10R, so hopefully I can use the wisdom gained from my previous shedding of blood/sweat/tears to make a quality product!

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some mild progress today.

Installed Apex adjustable riser clip-ons (which are a bear to align properly), Spiegler brake lines, CRG levers, lever guards, Spider grips

Milled the ignition mount off the triple to facilitate a tight gauge mounting.

Began the relocation of electronics under the seat to prep the subframe for cutting down. Removed the exhaust servo and installed a servo eliminator.

Reactions: Mongoose

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah.

Since I was one of the staffers that had to be involved in the shitshow, I'm extra well-informed.

It was actually a bummer. Dude seemed okay, just had a problem with being told what to do. Plus he had a great fighter!

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RSV4 race tail came in. Removed the secondary subframe and it fits on relatively well. I'll just need to fabricate some mounts so the tail can be bolted on. It's just (crookedly) sitting on there now.

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I used the stock gauges and cluster mount from the 10R, added to a custom setup. I added some 49mm fork clamps to mount 1"x1" aluminum tube. It serves as a base for the cluster and also acts as a retainer for the clutch/throttle cables, keeping them from getting fouled around the ram air. On top of the first tube I mounted a second to act as a spacer to maintain correct gauge height.

On the lower triple I used a simple section of 1.5"x1.5" angle aluminum to create lower mounting holes for the number plate. I added reflector extension nuts on the upper gauge mount to facilitate the bolts on top.

Still needs a ram-air hole cut, but it fits nicely and looks close enough to factory for my tastes. On to the new exhaust and tail mounts!

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some progress pics and a track teaser from 360 Photography. Basic bike is finished, no good pictures. I'm sure the track photog will upload better ones this week. I'll upload more once it's back from the dyno shop.

Used sheet metal to fill the gap between the RSV4 tail and the side fairings. Seat pan was heated and rolled to facilitate the steeper tail interface. Ignition switch relocated to the clutch side between the radiator and engine mount. Lighting harness was coiled and tucked behind brake side engine mount for when I get time to mount the LED lighting.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,269 Posts
Some progress pics and a track teaser from 360 Photography. Basic bike is finished, no good pictures. I'm sure the track photog will upload better ones this week. I'll upload more once it's back from the dyno shop.

Used sheet metal to fill the gap between the RSV4 tail and the side fairings. Seat pan was heated and rolled to facilitate the steeper tail interface. Ignition switch relocated to the clutch side between the radiator and engine mount. Lighting harness was coiled and tucked behind brake side engine mount for when I get time to mount the LED lighting.

Big fan. Nice fucking work. All this track time on here recently gives me the itch again

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A few image updates. Still no time to take anything nicer, but you get the basic gist.

This thing likes to wheelie. A lot. Other than that, I really haven't had the ability to hammer it yet. Working for a TD org sort of limits your freeride time.

Front Cowl

Tail

Gauges

T13 at The Ridge

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
i love it how people just rip the fairings off and do a naked track streetfighter :)

Reactions: CK 187

·
Boss of the, uh, Trail?
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It sure makes for some staring when people try to figure out what it is!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts