Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've actually been thinking about that as well as a belly pan. I'm gonna try to cut the stock lower fairing and use it as a belly pan. I'm also gonna try to make my own wind screen using fiberglass that will look good with those big 5 3/4in lights. I don't really want to spend the $100 or more for a premade one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've actually been thinking about that as well as a belly pan. I'm gonna try to cut the stock lower fairing and use it as a belly pan. I'm also gonna try to make my own wind screen using fiberglass that will look good with those big 5 3/4in lights. I don't really want to spend the $100 or more for a premade one.
Thought about sheet metal at all? If your looking for a simple dseign like the picture above its only a matter of cutting the shape and bending to place!
just a thought :thumbup:

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've thought about it, and have some tools for working with it at school but not back at home. Plus I think I'm gonna be able to get the shape I want better/easier with fiber glass. We'll see how it goes. I'm still not entirely sure on the exact design I want yet.

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

So a couple weeks ago I decided to dig up my old windshield and bust out the dremel. Some cutting, sanding, and a few adel clamps later... this was the result. I will eventually paint it to match the bike.

I also finally decided to do something about the stock coolant reservoir.

I am currently in the process of redoing the wheels. Just finished stripping them today, Should have them finished in the next couple days. Pics to come.

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Home from school for a couple weeks so I decided to bust out the tools and grinder and get this thing ready for paint. Got the headlights and gauges off and cut the tail as well as a few fairing mount tabs.

Then it was on to tracing, labeling, and removing the wiring harness and electrical system components as well as the exhaust and intake.

Got the engine dropped. Nothing planned for it unfortunately

Got the rest pulled apart and cut off some more tabs.

Easy part is done lol. Now on to a lot of stripping and sanding to get the frame, swingarm, tank, fender, and flyscreen ready for paint. Need to weld in some form of a plug on the subframe where I cut the tail off to keep the water out also.

·
science bitch
1,022 Posts
I found some plastic plugs at my local ace hardware store that along with some silicone sealant keeps out the water fine.

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kinda. Seeing your bike I realized how much I liked the tube subframe so I'm going to be leaving tail plastics off. I've already rigged up a taillight and bracket and will be cutting a few inches off the seat. I'll probably end up making a seat cowl for it as well.

·
science bitch
1,022 Posts
Nice, i was actually thinking about about trying to send my seat away to Rats brother to get it pimped out before i got the monster seat.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looking good. Any preview of the light you came up with?
I can't wait to see it all back together. I too have debated the tube rear, but think I'll stick with "bobbing" the stock plastics. I have the vision, just haven't acted on it yet.

·
Capt. Slow
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just went with a cheap oval ebay light. I failed to take pictures of it though. It's just mounted on a piece of aluminum that is bolted to that tab just behind the seat latch. Simple but gets the job done.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts