Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
sweet video!!! thats a crazy man for sure right there!

cant believe he did all that on an R1..:nuts:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I saw this a while back I think. It's pretty nuts.

Guy's got a bit of the streetfighter mentality in him, just needs to get rid of that shit all over the front of his bike.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I remember hearing about this but have never seen any video. That was sweet! Those stream crossings were bad ass. Such an unusual choice to tour the world with. Though Looked like a well loved and very well abused R1.

I was impresed by the dude that I met that rode coast to coast, back to his original coast on a naked 650. But I can't think of anything more hardcore than riding the world on a R1.

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
I rode my 1986 Ninja 1000 from Massachusetts to Los Angeles once in 6 days back in 1987 does that count ha ha.

This guy is nuts around the world on an R-1??? I would have thought a modified BMW. That would have been my choice I would think.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Someone buy it and burn me a copy and ship it to me for free. I just banned myself from buying anything else.....I have been back to work for 9 months and still somehow three months behind on my mortgage. :mad:

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you've seen ewan mcgregor and charlie boorman's trip 'a long way round', you can see how much trouble you can have, even on a BMW enduro bike. I can't imagine how much some of those trails would suck on sport bike. I wonder what sorts of tires he used?

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
My goodness thats about the worst bike I could pick for a trip like that. But hey, more power to the guy. I'd be happy to do those trips on any bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts