Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

This is my first thread creation looking to join a community I've always followed. So please forgive me of my stupidity if any comes across.

First things first, I do not have any pics to post unfortunately since my phone is broken.

Alright, so I am wanting to install the MT03 headlight with clamps that mount onto the front forks. That stock headlight is absolutely disgusting. :p Does anyone know what size clamps I should order with my MT03 in order for it to mount properly for a secure/snug fit?

40mm? 44mm? 50mm? << Trying to provide some examples.

Much thanks and hoping for a quick response as I'm looking to buy today for MotoGP here in Indianapolis next weekend. (for any other riders in the midwest!)

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Did you get this sorted out?

You already have for forks? You could measure them yourself. If you can't get a caliper to measure them, use a bit of paper wrapped around the fork, mark it to give you the radius. From this you can calculate diameter. If Maths class is a little hazy this place can help you out.

http://math.about.com/library/blcirclecalculator.htm

Personally i'd go for very slightly larger then you need so that i could shim / pad them out for a perfect fit and to protect the forks.

But if you’re gonna go though that hassle, why not make them:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46854

Some of the pics are bust but you can still get the gist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, no I didn't. But I did buy the headlight and it came wit43mm clamps per what Suzuki told me and they were heavily wrong. The clamps didn't fit at all. I followed the link you provided and ended up fabricating my own. Thanks for the response!!

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Actually, no I didn't. But I did buy the headlight and it came wit43mm clamps per what Suzuki told me and they were heavily wrong. The clamps didn't fit at all. I followed the link you provided and ended up fabricating my own. Thanks for the response!!

Suzuki gave you correct information. The diameter of the lower fork tube is 43mm.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Yeah 43mm is way off for mounting a headlight. Get clamps advertised as 50mm clamps. There's absolutely no way they'll be too small and as Cookie stated I'd they're a bit too big you can easily "shim" them. I highly recommend making up the difference with rubber, NOT tape. Use a bicycle inner tube or something like that. Not only will it make it the correct size but it will also grip better than metal on metal AND prevent scratching up the beautiful anodized finish on your forks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts