·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Get to work my friend!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O god where do i start. Well as you can see the wiring harness is trash, just got my new used one today, still need to add wires to the rectifier. Discovered one coil is bad and the other is for a single cylinder. Fork seals are shot. no ignition (thank god i have a zx10r ignition left over) rear sets are non existant, no kick start, no shifter, no air box, no title. pretty much i have a frame, engine, and suspension. and the zx6r still isnt done :doh:

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Reactions: shinyribs

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright so i got coils, a kick start lever, 2 smoke oil and a shitty battery that somehow holds a good charge. I attempted to hook up a zx10r ignition and i had it light up a taillight but that was in the park position (i was quite excited). there is no power to the coils or anything else (minus the rectifier) when the key is in the on position. there is power to the ignition however when its in all positions

here is the zx10r ignition diagram

here is the t350

I only hooked up the BR, W, BL, R wire from the zx10r ignition to the T350 harness (ZX10R wire-T350: BR-O, W-R, BL-GR, R-BR) I tried to connect the Grey wire from the 10r ignition to the Brown wire thinking that would work but still nothing. my weakness is definitely in the electrical department so i need all the help i can get but worst comes to worst i can snag a universal one for $18 off ebay.

·
Frankenbike builder
441 Posts
Nice bike really. You will have that much more glory by finishing it since it is in the shape it is in. You know, like the difference between fighting a midget for beer or Cain Valesquez for money kind of difference in glory thing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm also building a gt500,
I used this diagram, its a simplified version of the gt500 one.
do you have the strange black triangle shaped fitting out of the ignition?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm also building a gt500,
I used this diagram, its a simplified version of the gt500 one.
do you have the strange black triangle shaped fitting out of the ignition?
mine is completely different i have no cdi or regulator, unfortunately i have points

I got the points to spark after spending a few hours trying to figure out why one would spark and the other wouldnt. all because of a little black cork/plastic washer what needed to be in the right place. Ordered new condensers and points since all i saw was yellow spark and im used to seeing blue while working on previous bikes with points :confused: whats another $25 into this old girl anyway?

ill be a bit pissed if this is ready before the zx6r

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
nice find keep that fooker fer ever mate ,one day it will be RARER than an honest lawyer;)

I gotta smoker last year after not ownin one fer sooo long LOL now i can stink out tha locals and do it legal:D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts