Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1974 cb360 project going on and im in the planning stages right now. Im doing an engine swap (or install since theres no engine in it) and i was wondering what engine should i do? I have someone who is very good at fabricating parts so mounts arent a problem. Im wanting something that will make highway speeds seem like a walk in the park...any ideas? id like to say away from inline four's...to wide for the style im going after.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
XR400/500/650 all work in that frame and fit pretty nice. SR/XT/TT500 engines fit too, pleny oh power there. I would stay far away from twins or fours honestly if you want this thing to have a respectable power to weight ratio. A big single does the job fine. ;)

(This very uninformative and rather lacking post brought to you by a rather drunk CB360 guru)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same thing to my 78 cb400t and it looks like a xr400/500/650 are the best way to go but aren't cheap

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i could take a look at inline fours. I'm more performance than looks and i don't think the i4's look bad after seeing a few. A top speed over 150 would be nice haha with good low and midrange as well of course.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
No build thread. I just put it in the build thread for the other 360. Basically I got the engine in the frame and then got rid of it and parted out the other 360 too. First pic is the metal that gets removed, there is a little tab on the back of the engine that holds a vent line that needs to be cut off, then wiggle it just right with the help of a friend to keep the frame in one place and I got it in. I'm tall and the 360 is a little bike and here it has a big engine so my knees were really close to the valve cover. That's with me sitting over the stock rear shock mounts.

This is just some conduit I bent up for a mockup of some bracing that was going to be added.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts