Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Front spokes arrived this afternoon, so I laced up the wheel. The spokes for the rear wheel are coming from Hieden Tuning, so they probably won't be here for a while. Much better looking than the mags I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Just watch who you get your spokes from. The thread on the spokes I bought is longer than stock spokes, so when trued there is about 3mm of thread visible between nipple and hub. Probably wouldn't bother most, but I'm not most! If you blow up the picture you'll see what I mean, the dull grey ones are stock. Not happy, I complained to the seller, GeoffsXS , he now says he wont deal with me and sent me a number of abusive texts and emails. Not that I need him, there are a plethora of XS accessory shops around.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Some new stainless spokes for the rear wheel arrived this afternoon, from a different supplier, so I laced the rear wheel with them, notice there's no thread showing.
So I'm stuck with the front wheel with it's visible threads, spoils the whole bike -not happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I wasn't happy with the original side panels I made, fit and finish wasn't up to scratch and I wanted a bit more meat around the rear bend, so I made two new panels. Here's some pics of the panels at different stages of fabrication. I also spun up some Delrin T spacers for insertion into the two front grommets. These stop the grommets being squished to much and allow the front of the side panels to be extended to the front of the battery box.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Some progress shots. Looks much better with spoked wheels. I've taken the carbs off as one diaphragm has been holed, so, I'm tossing up between VM round slides or fixing the BS38 carbs. Not real keen on vacuum carbs, so leaning toward the VM round slides. Damned expensive though at $600. It's come a long way from such a humble beginning.

Attachments

41 - 49 of 49 Posts