Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a kick start gs750 on Sunday. Havent had much time to play with it but when I turn key, headlight goes on, gear indicator does not, brake light doesn't either. Tries to kick it over, sounds likw it wants to start. I'm new to this whole kick start thing.. Been riding for 14 years now, just getting into mechanics of it all and rebuilding bikes that have so far been 2001 and newer. Where do I look first?

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
A bit more info will help us. How long as the bike been sitting? Are the carbs good and clean inside? Have you checked over the fuses and wiring? Does it have spark? Have you tried using the starter to turn the engine over? (It can spin the engine over a bit faster than kicking can.)

Looks like a nice build. Throw up some more pics!

Later, Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Doug, I know nothing about condition. I purchased it in a lot of 4 bikes. The gentleman passed away and I got them from his brother. It's been sitting at least 6 months to a year at most. Taking tank to locksmith to open, new fuel door in mail. I will clean, new fuel filter, blow out carbs, fresh gas, plugs and post new photos asap... Probably Monday... Thanks for reply buddy..

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Hi Doug, I know nothing about condition. I purchased it in a lot of 4 bikes. The gentleman passed away and I got them from his brother. It's been sitting at least 6 months to a year at most. Taking tank to locksmith to open, new fuel door in mail. I will clean, new fuel filter, blow out carbs, fresh gas, plugs and post new photos asap... Probably Monday... Thanks for reply buddy..
I thought that bike had electric start as well as a kick if I remember correctly. I’ll have to dig up the photos I have and see if theres a starter button on there lol.

one of Romans builds?
Yessir. If you dont know Lenny, that is a Full of Hate bike build. The builder has since stepped away from building. I wouldn’t probably worry about faulty wiring or such....but it is possible Jimmy shook something loose doing donuts in a baseball field or something.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
It does have electric start. Just talked to original owners brother.

Get the seat off, follow the wires. Batterys prob dying. Something may have shaken loose or something but....was a solid bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This thing is definitely solid but Jimmy rode this thing really hard.. Lol
Needs some refurbishing to say the least. What did this cost when built? It does not have a starter button but I'm going to look at it in detail this week.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
This thing is definitely solid but Jimmy rode this thing really hard.. Lol
Needs some refurbishing to say the least. What did this cost when built? It does not have a starter button but I'm going to look at it in detail this week.
Might be the headlight or hornswitch iirc....small circular button??
I’ll see if I can dig up the photos I have on the CF drive for ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts