Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been lookin on this sight for a little whille now and i just joined i would live to own a newer bike and have a street fighter but alass i am a poor college student and for now i have a cm400 and im plannin on cafe cuz i love the look of the older bikes as much as the newer ones but any ways i got my bike out this year after sitting all last year cuz i was in an accident i just got it all fixed up and running great but now it wont move the clutch is slipping so bad the bike doesn't even hardly bog in first gear i can rev it to the moon and i can still just roll it backwords but just yesterday i drove it up the drive to make sure it worked and it was fine but wasnt runni quite right so i got it runnin and i tried adjusting the clutch all the way in and it didn't make a bit of differance and i am outta ideas and i thought this could be a good place to ask so thanx ahead of time to any one willing to help

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Sounds like it's time for new plates and springs.

Reactions: gsf1200R and up2L8

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
sounds like you need a new bike :D i kid, i kid...cm400's are badass bikes. would love to see how you cafe it though, aren't they brokeback frames? more of a cruiser style bike

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeea I was thinking i need a new clutch it is just wierd cuz two summers ago I was riding it was fine then I wrecked and twisted the forks and I just got new ones and tried to ride it and it wouldn't go I just want to exhuast all possibilitys before I spend 150 bucks on a clutch

Yea it is and right now it is kinda a mix of bobber and cafe Its got hard tail struts and a solo seat with clubman bars and kind of a street fighter fairing I'll try to post picks but this winter I hope to do a monoshock conversion with a new tank and I'll cut off the rear subframe and add an older style cbr seat to it

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
pic or this shit didnt happen

Reactions: n0regret5

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i still didnt get a pic sorry it was a busy week my lil brother graduated and we had his open house and i had to help

so i just figured out y my clutch is slippin and i can't believe i didn't think of this before i made a totla noob fuck up get this i put in automotive 10w 30 when i did an oil change so now i gotta drain it out and do another oil change well i guess live and learn right i hope that this is the only problem is there anything i need to do other than just drainin it and puttin the right shit in

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i got it put back together and oil in it so im gona see if it works here in a few but heres some pics it still needs painted bad it just dont look right blue i think the whole bikes gonna be primer flat gray with gloss black tribal patterns or olive drab with yellow stensils tell me what u think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts