Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 352 Posts

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically i traded a dirtbike for this thing, it runs great but is seriously lacking in the rubber and brake department. So the plans are usd front end, rigid rear with 190 or 200 tire, low stance and a buncg of motor work eventually. here are some pictures

these are how the big girl sat stock, these old bikes are fast for as heavy as they are. let the tear down begin

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so here i started stripping off probably nearly 100lbs worth of shit, the saving will be even more once i swap the front end and rear.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here i chopped the subframe down, it is all going to be changed anyway, and through the cbr race tail up there. it actually looks pretty good for what it is and flows well with the tank, but i think something smaller is in order

here is the cbr929 front end, its off a wrecked bike i had laying around, i just need to order the bearings and maybe machine a spacer

:shocker:

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i just placed my order at www.allballsracing.com so my bearing for the front end should be here by the weekend

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was pleasantly surprised as to how well it moved out fully loaded, i cant wait to see what it does all lightened up!

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that bike is awesome. I am going to change the tank on mine and i am pretty much dead set on doing a rigid back half, so i am going to get going on that part of the project in a couple of weeks. This weekend though i will be doing the front end swap and cleaning up the frame

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what tail should i do? i am kinda thinking cafe but i am open to suggestions. I am also looking at a nice early gs tank that will look much better

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Nice looking project. I love the old GS's. That CBR race tail would look good if you were to do maybe a 3" stretch along with the hardtail.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is for sure getting a 2-3'' stretch, while the race tail looks good i am not sure if it will jive with the rest of the bike, but it may since it is going to have cbr929 forks and front and rear wheels, i think i will know better once i get the front end on this week

·
1,152 Posts
Nice score, love the 83 1100E. DONT GET RID OF THE STOCK TANK!!! I love those tanks.

Anyway, comin along nice, keep the pics comin!!!!

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will have some more pics up soon, my bearings will be in tomorrow for the front end swap and then i have to get to gathering parts to build the rigid backhalf

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rigid rear sounds cool. are you stretching it too?
yeah mild stretch maybe 2-3'', i am going to use some rectangular tubing for the bottom rails and probably round tube for the top supports, so it will flow with the frame hopefully. i think it will be bitchin if i dont fuck it up

·
1,152 Posts
I dont know man, you might want to check out seanbum's thread on his E. He put a cafe tail on it and man it looks good. Just food for thought. :D

1 - 20 of 352 Posts