Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello do any of you know which upside down forks i can fit on a 86 gsxr 750 just got the bike and trying to make my own fighter. Thought about just buying one done but kind of takes the personal touch away, any how thanks in advance

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I know the 98-01 R1 forks fit on the 91-94.....so swap the 91-94 gsxr 750 triple tree set and you can run R1 forks like I am

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
basically anything you want to do as far as front end swaps can be done. it'll just take some work. you may have to mod your steering stem. swap steering stems. mix and match bearings. mix and match stems and tripples. etc. etc. its a lot of measuring but can be done.

figure out which forks you want to use...then we can help tackle the problems you will face.

btw,
WELCOME TO THE SITE

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
ALL gsxr's from 86-95 have the same stem and bearings, so any of them will go right in, just might have to modify the steering stops a bit. bandits, katana's, 1st gen sv650's, and a bunch of other suzuki's also use the same bearings/stems. i'd go with 91-95 gsxr750 forks, as the 1100's are slightly longer, and it'll change the steering geometry a bit and make the bike steer slower. i used to have an 86 gsxr750, and i had 91 forks/trees with a 94 front wheel/rotors and 'busa calipers, worked great.

·
Gorilla...Hired Gorilla
2,242 Posts
skr00zloose said:
ALL gsxr's from 86-95 have the same stem and bearings, so any of them will go right in, just might have to modify the steering stops a bit. bandits, katana's, 1st gen sv650's, and a bunch of other suzuki's also use the same bearings/stems. i'd go with 91-95 gsxr750 forks, as the 1100's are slightly longer, and it'll change the steering geometry a bit and make the bike steer slower. i used to have an 86 gsxr750, and i had 91 forks/trees with a 94 front wheel/rotors and 'busa calipers, worked great.
:Stupid: I used 88 forks on my Fighter To keep the old skool look and still have all the adjustability...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts