Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new here. Nice community!

Have a couple of questions about trying to find fork swap options. Have a zx600a that occasionally has quite a vibration in the front when coming to a stop. I'm pretty sure its the poor condition of the forks, the anti-dive units are leaking shock oil and they need a rebuild. These anti-dive units are too much maintenance in my opinion and are a pain to bypass correctly. I'd rather swap to a different fork without antidive instead of rebuilding the forks.

Where would I begin to try and find suitable forks to swap in? I've installed steering head bearings before, etc, but never did a custom swap. Do I just find a front end with the same stem diameter and length and close in overall length? Anyone know off hand something cheap and common that will fit?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
There is a fork swap chart in the street fighter swap section that's where I'd check first. Most of the time if get a complete front end ( forks,rim,rotors,calipers,triples) you can just press out your steering stem and press it into the new lower triple. If you're in the usa I have a 99 r1 front end with everything except the triples if you to do a USD conversion and I just rebuilt them so you've got no worries there.

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
I have to save for quite a while, but could you PM your price anyways so I have an idea? Also, Found this allballsracing bearing conversion site. Would that mean all i have to do is buy the correct head stem conversion bearings and use the 1999 r1 stem and triples?

http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion
If the stem is the correct length then yes just use the all balls bearings.
if you go through my page I have a post about my fork swap to my 85 zx600a1
I used 99 SRAD USD forks
I went to a machine shop and had them swap my stock stem to the SRAD bottom triple and the made a bushing for it to fit into the bottom triple

1 - 4 of 4 Posts