Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve been lurking for a while, then I registered and read a lot. I´m amazed by the builds in this site, as well as for the support given to must of the new comers.

The bike has been sitting for years in a shed at a friend´s farm. Before it came as payment ($500 usd) haven't seen a riding day in an unknown number of years. I received it with the fairings dissassembled as well as carbs and some other stuff. I don’t know if it runs or will run. The engine has a crack “repaired” with something like hardened plasticine…

No title, but I think I can arrange that, what really makes me wonder is if this dinosaur can be revived and if it´s worthy. Honest question as it might be an option parting it and starting with something in working condition.

I started riding when I was six and my father bought me a pocket bike, my last bike was a Kawasaki 750 cc that my wife made me sell… as her cousin passed away in a motorcycle accident. That was almost 13 years ago and now I’m almost 40 and I think my riding will be very different as I have a couple of kids to look after.

What I would like?

Working bike able to take me wherever I want to go without thinking it might die in the road. In this aspect I might go with pods, smaller exhaust can and a jet kit.

Comfortable riding position. In this aspect I’ll like to have raisers and bar in order to avoid back pain and also my right wrist used to hurt.

Aesthetically I’m looking after no fairings (maybe a belly pan), small led headlight, hidden cables and a different tail. I don’t think I’m going the “solo seat” route. I also like the exhaust under the seat… In connection with colors: Black matte, Black semi gloss and copper accents.

Funds are short as my priority is my family, specially my kids and everything related so… let’s see what happens here.

Last, English ain’t my native language, so please take that into consideration. It’s a pleasure to read and learn from you.

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome mate,good intro fer sure.

set up a bild thred and get stuck in,theres plenty ya can do fer cheap ,as can be seen in this fine forum.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I already removed the ignition and took it to a key master in order to make a key. I won't be able to turn it on pushing it in second gear because the front tire is wide open...

I also tracked down the owner who has the registration... I might go and search him next week in order to arrange the title.

I've decided that if the engine turns and I am able to have a Title for it, this 80's dinosaur will be alive again.

Couple more pics.

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I am wishin ya was closer mate old skool is what I live for .Woud be happy ta help out .

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
It's a pleasure to finally cross some lines with you guys... after reading your posts and surfing thru the threads, joining is like turning from kindergarden to a PHD class...

REPT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts