Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Its Mace. sometimes I build bikes. This time its an 87 gsxr.
here are some pics as i strip it of all the weight and begin to mock upsome ideas....it runs
but some gunk came out of the carb bowl drain, so its carb dip time....Please review my pics and give your thoughts as i builkd this piece in my backyard
thanks
Mace
BEFORE START

AFTER START DAY 1 runs....needs carb clean, removed a shit ton of crap

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
stillworking on the mock-up
last time i used a race cbr600rr tailand it lookedperfect.
may follow that lead again this time
buy hey here are some pics of what it may look like
sans hyabua fron and rear

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh thanks dude....yeah the intial mock-up usually doesnt "stick" as i change it out to suit the bike and what parts i have ATM.
anyway my plans are to strip the carbs tomorrow and clean them, i want to tune it as i modify the lines. I really want hyabusa front and rear but we will see if i run into those parts......maybe an acerbis headlight? maybe just dual fog-typelights?
I will slam the front for better stance soon, dont have that particular allen , but hey
clean it well, hacksaw a bunch of stuff off and raise unholy hell
thanks for viewing bro

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
new tail issa vast improvment! Nice start mate well done .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The front end is hard for me to picture in my mind.....i dont like twin round or acerbis particularly, I dont like the look of one bi headlight,,,,maybe two super small ones?
The bike looks a little madmax to me and it begs to be designed with a little grit,,,,Yesterday I cleaned the carbs and petcock,changed the oil, dropped it an inch and a half
and removed rust from tank....to prepare clean fuelsource for today where i plan to see how it really runs
if the bike Gods will stay with me here......
the pics

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks dope....but im not sure yet about the front or anything
Thanks man!
So I got a little nervous after the carb clean and oil change and stuff and kept repeatedly checking my clear fuel line and oil level as i fired it.....chug ...hug...no fuel....A couplemore times..chug..chug...then....I see a small trickle of fuel coming down the line to the brand new filter.....the bubbles rise as the fuel line starts to fill from the slight vaccum on the petcock...aS it trickles down i kow whats coming.....one more time...chirr chirr chirr....
VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
Fuel line is full, bike is running.......I look at it...its now or never as i take off the jump box flip up the kickstand and drive over the grass in my yard to the street...right off the clutch she is begging for it hard.... I hit the throttle and its like being shot out of a cannon...Ive never felt resonsiveness like this....its fukkin loud and nasty and very very fast....As I pull upto the yard i hear the carbs clickng,,,,,,,its been along time since I heard flatslides,,it sounds like it.....
super fast....never rode an old one like this..breathtaking
the pics for today and the vid of it running for the first time again
BACK FROM THE DEAD

and the vid
somebody embed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cxIVug5zS8&feature=youtu.be

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
That was the best part about those engines.. They took little to get them running, and when they did they were fucking weapons. I miss mine. I'd love to get my hands on another '86

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah wtf!!!
I ve had about 20 or 30 gsxr's
allkinds from my first 93 to many o2's and then some 05's and finally an 06/
then i had about 7 cbr 900rr's...........but i always end up with a gsxr
My last gsxr was an 06 600.....this would spank that bike so bad it would be embarrassing.....I dont know, something about finely tuned carbs always beats fuel injection to me....you can just feel how much gas it gets and the pull from the K&N filters is insane.
The only bike I ever had that would compare in accelration was a race 03 gsxr750 with 153 rwhp.....that was a quick bike, but more top end...this one is brutal off the throttle all through the powerband, granted i havent taken it over 80......
There will likely be a break in the posts as i wait for parts for a few days....I alway put a full race section on my builds and so I bought one off ebay and a cool lil tailight to fit somewhere......still thinkin about the front
im stumped
but it willcome to me
the pics of my new toy in the mail
I guess i will have to hand make a new seat again.
here is a pic of my last build in this vid
thanks for the embed!!
you guys rock.

the vid green zx7!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This will be my last post as I have decided to make the bike full fairing.
I am sorry.
Mace
lol if you still want me to show the build i can, it just wont be streetfigher...things happen.

maybe ill build a fighter one day....but i always tends to goto full fairing
laterz

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
you better keep posting. that thing is clean. besides, if its a blade or boiler it doesn't matter if it has fairings or not, tho they are lighter without fairings! :)

looks good otherwise. what tail is that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IOk...cool i will keep posting the pics man.
After some long thought and lookng at possible choces for front end and tail, it only made sense to do it this way to me.
The tail and set i have on there is an 02 set painted to look like an 05.
The tail i posted prveviosly with numbers on it, will go on once it gets here and it is an 05 full race joint.
I will have alot of fabbing to do and this is just mock -up number 2.
One week in
things are bound to change again
thanks friends
Mace

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
do you even lift brah?

lmao i saw the squat video on your youtube. what part of FL? my buddy is moving to palm bay, I might be going with him. not sure if i can leave my girl tho. but shit, year round riding and i could get away with a turbo bike down there. flatastan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you even lift brah?
Lulz.
yu mad?
ROFL.
yeah i lift...not like that anymore tho...good memories.
here is a pic of the bike naked sans tail in case anyone wants to follow the build and see what theirs may look like with late model tailswaps
the pics
leave the girl.
goto florida i tend to stay just shy of Miami where the sun is always hot
Lulz

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A black porsche came by my house and dude gave me the stink eye and revved his engine
I cant wait to hit the streets
I have to do some mad fabbing, but the stock lowers will provide cover and stability to the mids and upper of the 02.
I am still waiting on my race tailsection.....doo dee dahh
Rode it like this.
people bug out
the pics
and the video take 3

take 3

1 - 20 of 25 Posts