Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Ninja ZX10 and cant find any exhaust pipes for it anywhere. It has 2 exhaust pipes (one on each side) Any help will be very appreciated.

Also if anyone knows an easy way to modify the stock exhaust to make it sound better. not really looking for more power just better sound.
Thanks

·
Sparky
517 Posts
You could always find the diameter of your pipes and purchase universal slip-ons. If your heart is set on your OEM muffs then i would suggest cutting them down and repacking them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. im probably going to look into some universals but depending on the price i might just cut the stock ones down

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know of a good website to find universal pipes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if i can fit a newer model zx10 pipes onto this bike

·
that one legged bastard
320 Posts
As far as I know, no other systems from the newer ZX10 or other bikes will interchange. I know Muzzy, V&H, and Hindle all used to make systems for that bike but not sure if any still make them. You could try eBay and see if you can score one of those systems cheap or do as suggested above and chop the stock can off and weld on a different one

·
141 Posts
A ZX11 system might fit. The area to look for problem wise is the oil pan. I can't remember if they are the same on the 10 and 11 but I know some of the Zx11 pipes snaked around the lowest part of the pan.

·
that one legged bastard
320 Posts
A ZX11 system might fit. The area to look for problem wise is the oil pan. I can't remember if they are the same on the 10 and 11 but I know some of the Zx11 pipes snaked around the lowest part of the pan.
99% sure the 11 system won't work for the pan issue

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also would prefer both pipes on one side but thats much more difficult

·
that one legged bastard
320 Posts
For anyone doing there own exhaust i found a neat tool at northern tool the other day. Its a set of pipe clamp pliers for clamping two pieces of pipe together and still being able to tack weld them. Wanna say its like $25. Im lazy or id look up the link to them and post it...

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Mother Fucking Delkevic check them shits out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts